Raven-Symoné took to Instagram to deny rumors that Bill Cosby molested her while she was on The Cosby Show.
The rumor has been gaining steam for a few days now ever since a site called Hip Hop Hangover published a story claiming the actress was drugged and raped by Cosby and had filed charges against him. That site is (according to their own disclaimer) a "gossip parody and satirical publication and for entertainment purposes only." I have no idea who in the hell would consider a story about a young girl being drugged and raped "entertainment" but there you have the world of the Internet, folks. Snopes debunked this rumor awhile ago, but just in case people still need more proof, Raven-Symoné posted her own response to this on her Instagram page today:
I was NOT taking advantage of by Mr. Cosby when I was on the Cosby Show! I was practically a baby on that show and this is truly a disgusting rumor that I want no part of! Everyone on that show treated me with nothing but kindness. Now keep me out of this!
I'm sorry that she even has to do this. Sites like this are not "parody" or "satire" sites, OK? They exist strictly to farm clicks by posting fake stories and deliberately manipulate people. (They should never been lumped in the same category as places like The Onion.) They know damn well that they what they're doing, and slapping a "satire" label on it shouldn't excuse their vulgarity and cheap ploy for attention.
- TI did not take kindly to an overly sexualized comment about his daughter. [Bossip]
- Will you please, please look into your kindly hearts and give generously so the child of a reality star can fund her band? Please. You may be her only chance to capitalize on her mother's fleeting D-list fame. [Radar]
- For all the shit we give Facebook, they finally did something right. The company deleted the account of Mama June's child molester ex-boyfriend. Yay for small victories. [Daily Mail]
- Yes, Patti Smith will do whatever the fuck she wants. [Page Six]
- Have you seen my TayTay's old commercial yet? Paco's Smoothies is TayTay approved, y'all! [Gossip Cop]
- Here's all the details about the ring Benedict Cumberbatch gave the woman who stole my fake boyfriend who doesn't even know I exist yet still I can't help posting 12,000 pictures of him a day captioned with things like "OMG HE'S WEARING A WHITE SHIRT I DIE,' Sophie Hunter. [Popsugar]
- Awesome news of the day: Hugh Laurie will appear on Veep. Sorry I can't tell you anymore details about the role because they're keeping everything under wraps for now. My guess is a possible love interest for Julia Louis-Dreyfus or a smug, smart ass Secret Service agent who gives zero fucks. (I should write everything in Hollywood, yeah?) [E Online]
- Tyga supposedly cancelled a club appearance because they wouldn't let his rumored lady love Kylie Jenner in. She should have done what I do when the manager at Taco Bell locks the doors and tells me "nobody wants to see you do the Macarena on our counter!"—stand firm and wait until your lawyer shows up and begs you to "at least put some pants on." [Huff Po]
- Lady Gaga loves her fans so freaking much she got this tattoo in their honor. I love you guys, too! That's why I'm put on a rub-on tattoo I found in a box of Cracker Jacks JUST FOR YOU GUYS. It's was a little guy smiling and winking but it got all smudged when I tried to apply it. Please don't think this means I love you less than Lady Gaga loves her monsters or whatever. [MTV]
Here is a video of TayTay's cat Meredith Grey Swift playing fetch: