One of the best things about having Raven-Symoné guest-host on The View is that gives her a daily, national platform on which to share her many insightful opinions. Her latest: Union spy and legendary abolitionist Harriet Tubman should not be on the $20 bill.
Debating her fellow co-gremlins (sorry, I meant CO-HOSTS; don’t know why that always happens) on which woman should replace Andrew Jackson on the $20, Raven laid out her objections to Harriet Tubman, the current frontrunner:
“No offense to everyone who’s going to be mad at me for saying this: I don’t like that idea. I don’t like it. I think we need to move a little bit forward... Let me just preface [by saying], I understand the history. I get it, trust me. I was taught, I’m in that culture. But there’s also Wilma Mankiller, there’s also Rosa Parks, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Harriet Tubman... Me personally, I would’ve chosen Rosa Parks. I would have chosen someone that is closer to the progression that we’re doing now. I know you have to understand history so you don’t repeat it, but that doesn’t happen in our world, because we still repeat history of hating other cultures over and over again. So I would choose a different one, no offense.”
That’s SO Raven!
One Direction made their first appearance sans Zayn Malik on The Late Late Show with James Corden last night. Addressing Zayn’s departure, member Liam Payne explained that “First, we were a little bit angry, obviously. We were surprised, but we all knew the general vibe that Zayn was feeling.”
Louis Tomlinson says that everything’s been cleared up with Zayn following their recent Twitter spat, telling James Corden—and I unfortunately quote—that it’s “all good in the hood.”
To reassure fans, Niall Horan then insisted that the remaining members are in it for the long haul as Harry Styles, discreetly looking for the nearest exit, smiled placidly in agreement.
Ciara’s recent attempt to get sexy with a fan went awry when she ended up kicking a dude in the face mid-onstage lap dance. Thankfully, Ciara is of the “when you try and don’t succeed, try and try again” variety and continued her dance without hesitating. What a consummate ;););) professional! [Cosmopolitan]
- If you have to ask whether or not Courtney Stodden mouth-fucks an ice cream cone in her new sex tape, then you don’t deserve to watch it. [TMZ]
- Bruce Jenner says that “the love and acceptance” he’s gotten from Kris Jenner has been “absolutely overwhelming.” [NYDN]
- Don’t bully Pink about her weight because she will bring you down. (Side note: don’t bully anyone about their weight because it’s a rude thing to do.) [Billboard]
- Tom Cruise has—PRAISE XENU—never tried to convert Simon Pegg to Scientology. [Radar]
- Even Penn Badgley thinks that the Gossip Girl ending was a whole bunch of nonsense. [People]
- Shonda Rhimes is trying to shut down Patrick Dempsey cheating rumors. [Radar]
- While Mariah Carey is claiming that she canceled her recent show in Las Vegas because of bronchitis, other sources are saying that she just wasn’t prepared. [NYDN]
- Lily-Rose Depp is going to be in a movie. [VH1]
- In TRAGIC news, musical theater legend Sarah Brightman won’t be going into space. [NYDN]
- In actual tragic news, blues legend B.B. King has passed away at 89. [Billboard]
Top photo via Getty.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.