On Tuesday night, a long-simmering celebrity feud fully boiled over and started a fire in the kitchen. The fire department was called, but they got stuck in traffic, and the entire building burned down before help arrived. Drake was home at the time, but managed to escape—though he did inhale a lot of smoke.
I am, of course, using a dumb metaphor here, but what actually happened is equally shocking: Days after Drake released a Pusha T diss track called “Duppy Freestyle,” Pusha struck back with one of his own called “The Story of Adidon.” In it, Pusha accuses Drake of fathering a secret son with an artist/former porn star and being a “deadbeat” dad, rapping:
You are hiding a child, let that boy come home
Adonis is your son and he deserves more than an Adidas press run
Love that baby, respect that girl
Forget she’s a porn star, let her be your world
Pusha also makes comments about Drake’s father (calling him a deadbeat as well) and his own blackness, including by using what is reportedly an un-retouched photo of the Canadian superstar in blackface as the track’s album art.
There’s also an unnecessary (though what is necessary in a diss track?) dig at Noah “40" Shebib, who is living with multiple sclerosis. “OVO 40, hunched over like he 80, tick, tick, tick,” Pusha raps. “How much time he got? That man is sick, sick, sick.”
Shebib has since responded to the track, tweeting:
Drake, on the other hand, has tweeted nothing. Fortunately, everyone else on the platform has been speaking for him.
This whole thing makes Drake’s recent (and very petty) Instagram saying he singlehandedly revived Pusha’s career look so... cute.
Here is a question: why is Page Six saying Kendall Jenner is dating basketball player Ben Simmons when, just weeks ago, Tinashe revealed her relationship with him? Are both of these things true (I’m making a presumption of monogamy here, but who knows!), is only one of them, or are they both lies?!
My gut tells me Kendall and Ben—if in fact they were spotted together—are just friends. I have never once believed a relationship story about Kendall that wasn’t published on Tumblr.
But enough about drama. Here’s a photo of Elle Fanning and Angelina Jolie on the set of Maleficent 2.
- Caitlyn isn’t attending her son’s birthday because she has a “business” thing???!!!! This is so extremely rude!!! Isn’t Brody one of the good children?!?! [TMZ]
- Over the weekend a friend said Anna Scott (of Notting Hill fame) dresses like Bella Hadid and I can’t stop seeing it. This just proves her point. [Just Jared]
- Please read this interview with Martha Hunt to the end. The final line is incredible. She says something utterly ridiculous and then it just... ends. [Us Weekly]
- *Opening bars of “It Must Have Been Love” start playing* [Us Weekly]
- I’m exhausted. [Us Weekly]