Because he now feels compelled to latch his talons into every news story lately, professional blowhard Piers Morgan offered his useless analysis of Shia LaBeouf's recent allegation that he was raped by a woman during his art show.
LaBeouf shared a horrifying story about an experience with a woman who came to his #IAMSORRY performance art piece in Los Angeles earlier this year. "[She] whipped my legs for ten minutes and then stripped my clothing and proceeded to rape me," LaBeouf told Dazed magazine.
Yesterday on Twitter, Morgan weighed in with his thoughts—if you can really call a cluster of dumb, victim-shaming nonsense "thoughts:"
"Shia LaBeouf's claim to have been 'raped' is truly pathetic & demeans real rape victims. Grow up, you silly little man," Morgan posted on Twitter. "A Hollywood actor sitting with a paper bag over his head who did nothing as he claims a woman 'raped' him has not been raped. #labeouf."
"People are actually defending Shia LaBeouf. The world's gone mad. He's invented a supposed 'rape' for cheap PR – utterly shameful," he continued. "Shia LaBeouf should 3apologise for his outrageous 'rape' claim & those who defend him should be ashamed of themselves."
Here is more of his shame-y bullshit.
This is not the way to help or protect survivors of rape or to further the dialogue we should be having about how we treat victims in general.
There has been a great deal of discussion following LaBeouf opening up about what happened to him on that day. There are important conversations happening right now because he shared that story and it is something that has clearly touched a nerve with a lot of people—men and women. If there is anything positive that comes out of this horrible thing, it's that we are discussing and scrutinizing, more and more, the way our society treats and discusses victims. Yes, within that discussion there have certainly been disagreements between people who have strong feelings about LaBeouf's experience.
One thing we call all agree on, however, is the one person nobody needs to hear anything from on this topic is fucking Piers Morgan.
- Solange delayed the launch of her new Puma sneaker collection in solidarity with the Mike Brown Black Friday protests. [Madame Noire]
- There is a brand new Madonna song which has leaked online. You can listen to it here. Maybe. I tried and couldn't get it to work, but nothing ever works right for me because I am cursed by an ancient computing god or something. [Attitude]
- Zac Efron and his girlfriend Sami Miro got a puppy and now I want it. [E Online]
- Speaking of celebrity dogs, here is Jake Gyllenhaal walking his dog on Thanksgiving because I am fully committed to TEAM DOG. [Lainey Gossip]
- Hi, Jeremy Renner, I love you and your Avengers muscles (which are apparently now a thing, I guess). [Just Jared]
- And, lo, the mighty North West gazed upon her kingdom, decked in the furs of the many fearsome beasts her brave huntsmen slayed for her. Yet she was still filled with emptiness as she surveyed all the worlds she now controlled. [PopSugar]
- Just because someone who was in a television or show runs into another actor/actress who was also in said television show it does not make it a "mini-reunion." Let's all face the reality of that. [E Online]
- In an interview with Charlie Rose, Benedict Cumberbatch said his fans are "intelligent, smart, driven, independent." Except for me. He said I am a total loon who drinks and curses too much and he prays I get my shit together someday. WHATEVER CLUMBERBROTCH. [Just Jared]
- Jezebel Hero Tara Reid did her thing on Thanksgiving. Every time I say her name I kiss my bottle of Shark perfume. [HuffPo]
- Mickey Rourke what are you doing? Oh no, honey. Just no. [TMZ]
- Kate Middleton bought nutcrackers. Now I will forever picture her and Prince William, sitting on their house, cracking walnuts and watching re-runs of Jerseylicious. [People]
- Nope, Bruce Jenner is not writing a $15 million tell-all about Kris Jenner. I hear he has decided to work on a book about Italian Renaissance poetry instead. [Gossip Cop]
Me, all day this Thanksgiving:
Image via Getty.