While Paula Deen's backers have been steadily jumping ship since she outed herself as an N-word-using, separate-bathroom-using, down-home deep-fried racist, others of her kind are flocking to support her. In fact, the annual Paula Deen Cruise has tacked on an additional voyage for summer 2014 thanks to high demand.
“Due to so many requests from Paula’s fans in the past we are actually planning two cruises for 2014 and look forward to both. It’s always an amazing time with Paula, her family and fans. If she goes — we go."
And though it’s not due out until October, advance orders propelled Deen's cookbook, “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up,” shot to #18 on Wednesday on the online bookseller Amazon.com.
That would be #18 among all books, and #1 in cookbooks. Well, sit right back and you'll hear a tale of Rose ending up with Billy Zane and everyone playing the music from "Birth of a Nation" on a kazoo but it was supposed to be a three hour tour. A THREEEEE HOUR TOOUUURRRRR. [NYDN; awesome lede image via ONTD]
Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux have stopped talking about the wedding altogether because she apparently does not do compromises. Do you have any idea who she is? She's fucking Rachel fucking Green.
[Aniston] has officially shot down [Theroux's] proposed plan for the couple to live in New York City part-time, and the actress is refusing to live anywhere but in Southern California.
Tough gazungas. Why don't you guys get married on the Paula Deen Cruise? [Radar Online]
The greatest trick James Franco ever pulled, besides just being James Franco in general, is convincing the law he did not exist. The lawyers of NYU professor Jose Angel Santana have been attempting in vain to serve him defamation papers for 136 days. "Franco has hidden from service through a transient lifestyle, layers of security, and virtual places of business with no real address."
His methods, however, do not sound sophisticated. "Every time we’ve tried to find him, he hides behind people on the set." So this is the P.I. from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I guess. [Page Six]
New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez was taken into custody for murder and weapon counts after the body of Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player for the Boston Bandits, was found in an industrial park.
The two were en route to a club when Lloyd began texting people Hernandez didn't like, which is always worth shooting someone over. Workers in the park heard gunshots at about half past 3 AM. [People]
One Direction got tattoos in Maryland. [TMZ]
- Chris Brown had a fender bender with Miss Russia LA. [TMZ]
- There was a private wake for James Gandolfini in New Jersey. [People]
- HBO is paying for, shooting and producing footage of his funeral for his family. [Page Six]
- Kris Jenner approves of the name "North." And whatever Kris Jenner approves of! [People]
- Immediately after the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage, Chopped host Ted Allen got engaged to his longtime partner Barry Rice. [Gossip Cop]
- Ditto Melissa Etheridge and her girlfriend Linda Wallem. [Gossip Cop]
- Channing Tatum has been hanging with Jamie Foxx and neglecting Matthew McConaughey, or something, because bros. [E!]
- Adele had her mind blown (not "mindFREAKED," that is © Criss Angel) by the magical stylingz of David Blaine. [Page Six]
- AHHH the first still from the Veronica Mars movie! [EW]
- If you want to read Kim Zolciak joking about her husband's sperm. [Us Weekly]
- Or New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez's bare buttocks. Clear eyes, pale ass, can't lose. [NYDN]
- Kate Middleton went antiquing. (Not the Bam Margera kind.) [Us Weekly]
- The family of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez think the new "Waterfalls" remix is disrespectful. [E!]
- Kat von D and Deadmau5 broke up. Don't say that to your mom, though, because she will think you're speaking in tongues and hire an exorcist. [Us Weekly]
- The Timberbiels use shock collars on their dogs. [Us Weekly]