Charlize Theron, an Oscar-winning hot actress, lamented her burdensome beauty in a conversation with British GQ, saying it’s hard for her to get good roles because she looks so dang good on camera.
The hot star of The Cider House Rules, Monster, Hancock, Young Adult, and Mad Max: Fury Road said:
“Jobs with real gravitas go to people that are physically right for them and that’s the end of the story. How many roles are out there for the gorgeous, fucking, gown-wearing eight-foot model? When meaty roles come through, I’ve been in the room and pretty people get turned away first.”
I’d love to give Theron a pass here, but there’s really no good way of interpreting this statement. First of all, the role of Aileen Wuornos in Monster was far from a “gorgeous” one, and yet the gorgeous actress was still given the opportunity to de-gorge-ify herself and win an Oscar!
Second of all, how dare a hot, rich, famous, and generally beloved person attempt to garner sympathy from us normals because casting directors occasionally decide to choose people less genetically blessed. The suggestion that she expects more from because she’s hot that has really gotten my morning off to a sour start.
Rob Kardashian asked Blac Chyna a question, and Blac Chyna said, “YES.”
This is the same ring Chyna was wearing when rumors about their engagement were going around in February, so I don’t really know if I’m supposed to be excited or not. Ultimately, the only appropriate response to any news about these two and their sneaky, manipulative behavior on social media is, “Who the hell knows?”
I would like to know who did this so I can avoid them forever.
- Prince Harry has been spending time at pubs near Pippa Middleton’s house... [Radar Online]
- Iggy Azalea on her $400,000 in unpaid taxes: “It’s not a story. lol.” [Us Weekly]
- Indonesia thinks Leonardo DiCaprio is dumb. [Page Six]
- Hailey Baldwin thinks Justin Bieber is “awesome.” [Gossip Cop]
- The courts think Gwyneth and Chris’s divorce is almost settled. [TMZ]
- Michelle Rodriguez on Ayahuasca and Paul Walker: “My Ayahuasca trip made me sad that [Paul Walker] left me here. It wasn’t a sadness that he’s gone, it was more of a jealously that he’s there first.” [TMZ]
Images via Newmarket Films and Getty.