Actor Nicolas Cage and his wife Alice Kim have decided to end their 11 year marriage. According to Cage’s representative, the couple separated in January 2016. They have one son, 10-year-old Kal-el Coppola Cage.
Kim, 32, is twenty years Cage’s junior. She met the 52-year-old actor in February 2004 when she waited his table at a Los Angeles restaurant. After a swift, two month engagement, they married on a Northern California ranch.
Cage has been married twice before, first to Patricia Arquette for five years and then, briefly, to Lisa Marie Presley. Presley and Cage separated after almost four months.
Best of luck to Cage and Kim as they part ways.
Meanwhile, Hiddleswift territory looks far rosier. Brand new beaus Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston recently took a trip to Nashville to visit Swift’s parents after barely two weeks of coupledom.
The meet the parents rendez-vous occurred on June 23, after the couple lunched together at Epice. They then spent a few hours with Swift’s parents before heading out for a double date with Hank Williams’ daughter Holly Williams and her husband.
They dined at Adele’s and indulged in more of the PDA that has condemned some of Hiddleston’s more devoted fans to the depths of despair. (Not me, though. I’m fine. Really.)
In what seems an effort to cover all bases, Swift and Hiddleston then set off for London so that Taylor could meet her sweetheart’s mother. The trio were spotted knocking around town and strolling along the beach. Beaches seem to be a recurring destination for Tay and Tom.
While abroad, the couple will reportedly vacation in the English countryside.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga held hands at Kanye West’s “Famous” and may, according to a source, be giving their romance another go. Oh dear. [People]
- Also in the Kardash-sphere: Khloe Kardashian refuses to congratulate Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna on their engagement, claiming that doing so would be “desperate” and “fake.” [E! News]
- Liam Hemsworth calls his 2012 proposal to Miley Cyrus a “well thought-out idea.” [E! News]
- Chris Brown’s (ostensibly former) manager Michael Guirguis says the singer falsely accused him of theft out of malice and is suing him for defamation. So, Brown’s life remains dark and twisted as usual. [NY Daily News]
- TLC broadcasted a live birth via Facebook Live. [Us Weekly]
Top Image via AP. Embedded Images via Instagram.