Here are some things Thomas Markle, Duchess Meghan’s father, has said in a series of “exclusive” interviews with British tabloid The Sun:
“My thing about my daughter right now is that I think she is terrified. I see it in her eyes, I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile. I don’t like the one I’m seeing now. This one isn’t even a stage smile – this is a pained smile.”
“Meghan seems like something out of an old movie.”
That’s because we rarely hear her talk these days.
“I think Meghan is in deeper than I am.”
She is royalty, you are not.
“Anyone who makes a profit off the Royal Family becomes shunned. But I could have made well over $100,000 by just doing a talk show. So if I moved to London and started selling cups with my daughter’s face on, would they shun me?”
They already have.
“The Royal Family is living by rules that are outdated.”
You got me there.
“Half of Great Britain seems to make a fortune selling pictures of my daughter and her husband. Are they shunned?”
OK, fine, fair again.
“The phone number I call... it doesn’t work anymore. There’s no address I can write to... I have no way of contacting [her].”
“I had a heart attack, doesn’t anybody care? I could actually die soon. Does she want this to be the last thing we’ve said to each other? It is probably the longest time I have gone without speaking to her ever.”
Enough. This is all too much. I don’t want to tell someone how to live their life/deal with their parents, but Meghan please accept one call because this is really bumming me out.
Demi Lovato is apparently dating Gerald Earl Gillum—aka Gerald Eazy, aka G-Eazy—not long after his highly publicized split from Halsey. The two were seen holding hands (mon dieu) in front of a row of recycling bins while leaving a Hollywood club over the weekend.
Once again, I don’t want to tell someone how to live their life...but...Demi no!
This is atypically rude of me but every single thing about Tim Tebow’s personality and behavior skeeves me out.
- I have lost a hero, I have lost a friend, but for you darling, I’d do it all again. [The Mirror]
- I think this is a video of Aaron Sorkin being woke but it’s about sports so I can’t bring myself to care. [TMZ]
- Katherine Heigl has a new home office in her temporary Toronto condo! This means a lot to me. [Heavenly Days]
- My favorite Chris and his new girlfriend eat food sometimes. [Just Jared]
- Angelina Jolie did NOT have a baby via surrogate with an anonymous rich guy, so quit saying she did! [Gossip Cop]
- Bebe Rexha loves her fat ass. [ONTD]