It has recently come to my attention that most of the people in the known universe are rabid How I Met Your Mother superfans with many, many how-I-met-your-emotions. So I assume that this is a noteworthy fact for you guys: Meg Ryan has been cast as the narrator and titular father-meeter (picking up the mantle of Bob Saget) in the upcoming spin-off How I Met Your Father, starring Greta Gerwig. You are welcome for this fact.
This will be Ryan's first big role in years. The girlfriend of John Mellencamp has taken time off to focus on parenting adopted daughter Daisy, 9. She has appeared on several episodes of the TV series Web Therapy in 2013 and her last film was 2009's Serious Moonlight. In October 2013, Ryan announced that she would be starring in and producing a comedy for NBC.
With an impressive cast, How I Met Your Dad is a front-runner for CBS's fall season. However, How I Met Your Mother fans had polarizing reactions to the show's highly-anticipated series finale in March.
Gerwig assured fans that the spin-off would be very different from the original, but did tell Vulture that she loved the HIMYM finale.
Wait, Meg Ryan is dating John Mellencamp? Weird. One time I saw Meg Ryan at the Viper Room watching Trainwreck, which was (is?) a Tenacious D spin-off band made up of Lee, KG, and Marshall from Alias. So. That's a thing she's into. We have now exhausted my repository of Meg Ryan facts. [Us]
Iggy Azalea says she can't crowd-surf anymore because everyone tries to finger her.
"I had to stop [crowdsurfing]… I'm only doing like 2000-seaters, but I still have to have barriers even if it's like 200 people because people try to finger me,"Iggy said to the DJs at Hot 97. "I will get lurk tweets for like a week before my show, like 'I'm about to go to the Iggy Azalea show and I'm going to finger her,' and I'll see it and be like, please don't! That's a violation. I don't actually like that stuff."
JESUS CHRIST, HUMANS. [JustJared]
George Clooney is real steamed about you wise guys talkin' poop about his BEST FRIEND Barack Obama.
The actor is setting the record straight on a heated dinner conversation he had with Las Vegas casino mogul Steve Wynn two weeks ago, which ended with Clooney calling Wynn an "asshole" and walking out.
"There were 9 people at that table … So you can ask them … Steve likes to go on rants … HE called the president an asshole … that is a fact," Clooney said in a statement about the verbal altercation that occurred at a restaurant inside Wynn's Encore hotel.
"I said that the President was my longtime friend and then he said 'your friend is an asshole'… At that point I told Steve that HE was an asshole and that I wasn't going to sit at his table while he was being such a jackass. And I walked out," added the Oscar winner.
"There were obviously quite a few more adjectives and adverbs used by both of us as I left," Clooney's statement concluded. "Those are all the facts. It had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with character."
YEAH. YER MOM'S A CASINO MOGUL. [TheWrap]
- Chloe Sevigny made out with a dude while wearing a "diamond ring" that is clearly not a diamond, but okay. It probably means she's getting secret-married to that dude's tongue RIGHT NOW. [E!]
- Courteney Cox wore a diamond ring that does look like a diamond. She maybe actually is getting secret-married right now. [DailyMail]
- Sofia Vergara wore three outfits in 24 hours. Fascinating. [E!]
- Cameron Diaz says she's been cheated on before and it sucks. [E!]
- Kaley Cuoco got a "choppy bob," which is not a euphemism but it should be. [E!]
- Lindsay Lohan wore a Hawaiian shirt. [DailyMail]
- Anthony Bourdain thinks that Electronic Dance Music is like the Cherry Poppin' Daddies of cocaine. [Esquire]
- Woooooo! Woman contest!!! Rank the women!!!!! [E!]
- Gwyneth Paltrow went outside for the first time in a little bit. [DailyMail]
- Stacy Kiebler is bumpin' out. [People]
Images via Getty.