Mark Salling’s trial has been delayed indefinitely months after the former Glee star was arrested and charged with possession of child pornography late last year.
According to Page Six, Salling himself requested the delay to aid his new attorney Michael Proctor—presumably get him up to speed regarding the details of his case.
Salling was arrested in December 2015 for both possessing and receiving pornographic images of children—some as young as the age of 12—which were found on a USB drive and laptop in his home in Sunland, California.
This isn’t the first time Salling, who is currently out a $150,000 bail, has faced charges: in 2013, the actor was sued for sexual battery by his ex-girlfriend Roxanne Gorzela. At the time, Gorzela said that Salling forced her into having unprotected sex with him, and also alleged the star was guilty of emotional stress and negligence. Gorzela dropped her suit in March of this year; in turn, Salling paid her $2.7 million to settle.
As of now, the trial has been delayed indefinitely (i.e., no new trial date is scheduled), but People reported that the date of the trial will be determined via conference on September 19. [Page Six]
In case you needed the word “Hiddleswift” more in your life, Tom Hiddleston and Taylor Swift have gone to Rome. They also breathe air.
According to EOnline:
...a source previously told E! News that she has already “texted her close friends and said, ‘I think I am in love and I never felt this way before!’” Perhaps it’s the European winds or Roman sun, but something about this trip to Rome has this romance heating up.
After taking a private jet to Rome, Taylor and Tom were whisked away to the Hotel de Roussie in the central area of the city where they’re staying in the penthouse. Upon arriving, the couple ventured out to the Coliseum, where they were spotted “cuddling and kissing while soaking in the history pertaining to the ancient Roman monument,” a source tells us.
Very excited to see how this all really played out in a very special VH1's Behind the Music, coming to the screens embedded in our retinas in 2038. [EOnline]
- IDK about you guys, but I’m rull into Brie Larson’s Von Dutch throwback right here. [People]
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are setting aside their divorce and helping with the relief effort in West Virginia. [Radar]
- How many floral headdresses do you think went into the making of Russell Brand’s proposal to his girlfriend Laura Gallacher? [Page Six]
- Talking about Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose’s split is still a thing, I guess? [People]
- Zoe McLellan described her impregnation as “pretty fast and furious,” so there’s that immemorial phrasing. [People]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Image via Getty.