Shonda Rhimes will reportedly be writing the first screen adaptation of Jessica Pressler’s sexy New York Magazine tale of Russian foreign national “Anna Delvey” (née Anna Sorokin), the “Soho Grifter,” “Socialite Scammer,” the “‘It’ Girl Who Duped New York,” who, presumably between ESTA visa renewals, swindled “New York’s party people” and convinced several banks to extend insane credit lines, all under the age of 30. It’s a great story, and Fox has been talking nonstop about how this is why we need to SECURE OUR BORDERS!!!!!
Just kidding, here’s her photo, far right:
The show will premiere on Netflix. The trial begins this summer if Sorokin can’t get a plea deal.
An outpouring of grief shows that the world is worse off for the loss of Anthony Bourdain, who approached his hosts as a sensitive listener and used his show to highlight unexotic problems such as the capitalist ravages of coal country and environmental poisoning in Montana.
So Val Kilmer’s 900 word Facebook post accusing him of selfishness for committing suicide...not the take we need. And now Bourdain’s sandwiched between the Socialite Scammer and Kim Kardashian. Ugh.
This is better:
Rose McGowan posted a tearful video asking any one considering suicide to please get help, adding “Anthony I am so mad at you. You were so loved, the world is not better without you.” The video has been removed, but Page Six saved a copy.
And a few succinct words from journalist Paula Froelich, who dated him briefly in 2005:
If you would like to speak with someone, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
This is up there with the Oval Office portrait.
- Eunice Gayson, the first Bond girl (she played Sylvia Trench, one of several love interests in Dr. No) has reportedly died at age 90. [Guardian]
- Lindsay Lohan opened a Mykonos beach club centered around healthy living. [Oh No They Didn’t]
- Lily Allen says she’s a million pounds in debt so back off with the too-privileged criticism. [NME]
- TMZ reports that Roseanne Barr has some financial and creative stake in the show (apparently she created some of the characters, but who knows which ones), sooo if she benefits from the reboot starring Sara Gilbert, there goes the show. [TMZ]
- Lil Kim has reportedly filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, with $4 million in debt. [The Blast]