- Lindsay Lohan drove her Maserati through Hollywood at high speeds over the weekend, and was stopped by cops for running a red light. [Socialite Life]
- This report claims that Lindsay Lohan may have rolled through a stop sign, and that the cop just gave her a warning. [TMZ]
- Lady Gaga wore a metal-studded corset, which set off the detectors, at Vancouver International Airport. She submitted to an individual security check. [NY Post]
- Lady Gaga is so afraid of getting a brain tumor from using her cell phone that she has a member of her entourage hold her phone a short distance away from her head when she makes a call. [Contact Music]
- Looking for a list of Emmy winners? Check the links. [E!, ABC News]
- Madonna's daughter Mercy will not meet the man who claims to be her dad. [NYDN]
- Sandra Bullock was in New Orleans yesterday, on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, opening a health clinic at a high school, and said: "Sometimes tragedies bring out the very best in people and it's one of the reasons why we stand in this school of excellence today." [Us Magazine]
- Brad Pitt was also talking about New Orleans yesterday, admitting that he is proud that his Make It Right project is making a difference: "It's not mine, it's theirs. I see them having barbecues out in the [backyards] and I'm just thrilled. I can take credit for sitting down with the community first [before the government], and I can take credit for bringing in some really smart people and hooking them up with the families here." [Digital Spy]
- Brad Pitt will narrate a documentary about the New Orleans Saints. [E!]
- Elton John is the number one choice to replace Simon Cowell on American Idol. [NY Post]
- George Clooney isn't very experienced at sex scenes — anyone want to help him practice? [Digital Spy]
- Jay-Z has a "Marlon Brando retirement plan" which involves a private island with "a genius chef, cigars and fine wines." And: "Beyonce will be on the island too. But I don't think she plan to get as fat as me. I'm gonna be fat." [The Sun]
- The entire cast of Jersey Shore is being sued for assault. [Daily Mail]
- As for the kids from Glee, they don't seem to be getting paid for the soundtrack they're on. [Page Six]
- Paris Hilton is telling friends that she's "not worried" about her arrest. [NYDN]
- Paris Hilton's boyfriend has been fired. [NYDN]
- Post-drug bust, Paris Hilton is Tweeting "I'm so thankful to all my fans for all the love and support you are giving me." [Us Magazine]
- Neil Patrick Harris is getting ready for his twins to arrive, and says:
"I'm trying to read as much as I can, and prep as much as I can… But there's only so much you can do because each baby is super individual and totally their own person." [People]
- Mel B has split from her husband of three years. Her reality show, The Mel B Project, which starts next week, will showcase Mel, her husband and daughter as a happy family. [Hindustan Times]
- Justin Bieber would like to do a remake of Grease with Miley Cyrus. Susan Boyle would be Principal McGee. [Pop Dirt]
- Justin Bieber is sick right now, but Tweeting from bed. [NYDN]
- John Cusack as Edgar Allen Poe? Hmm. [Contact Music]
- Saturday Night Live is adding three new cast members, but none of them are black, so we'll still be seeing Fred Armisen do Obama. And any black women will be played by Kenan Thompson. IF he comes back: Kenan, Seth Meyers, Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis haven't yet said if they're being re-hired. [NY Post]
- BTW: Conan O'Brien lost the Emmy to The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. [LA Times]
- Axl Rose played a show at the Leeds Festival and ended his set with an F-word laden rant. [Mirror]
- "I'd give Leonardo [DiCaprio] a manicure! Because he's really hot, but his girlfriend [Sports Illustrated model Bar Refaeli] is even hotter!" — Serena Williams on what she'd like to do with her nail technician's license. [Gatecrasher]
- "He sounds like an idiot." — Mary-Louise Parker on Bill O'Reilly. [Digital Spy]
- "He's the biggest rock star of all of them. He's got swag like Justin Bieber and he rocks out like Mick Jagger, so he's kind of a combination of the two. He's kind of like the ultimate rock star." — Demi Lovato on Frankie Jonas, who is 9 years old. [MTV.com]
1. Y'know, though I don't particularly care for Brad Pitt as an actor, celebrity, or person (find him bland at best), I will give him props for following through the revitalization of NOLA. Saw firsthand just how big a difference Make It Right is having on the city and well, he deserves kudos for that.
2. I'm surprised that they're considering giving Simon's spot to Diva Elton, considering how he called that show out for being racist. I guess they're pulling all the stops (past spats be damned) to keep the show on the air.
3. Christ @
Justin Bieber would like to do a remake of Grease with Miley Cyrus.
I don't even like Grease, but does anyone really want to see a Danny with a cracking voice and Sandy croaking through songs like an asthmatic crackhead?
I'm really asking here...
4. Not at all surprised to hear about Mel B's marriage being in the toilet, considering the shadiness of her KFed. Hopefully she'll learn to have better taste in men, because her track record (first husband, Eddie Murphy, second hubby) sucks sweaty eczema balls.
5. Gotta love SNL for keeping their minstrel show on the air for years strong. Who needs Black talent when you can slather an Asian man in blackface to play our President and put the heavyset Negro in dresses so that he can trot out his best Tyler Perry impression?
6. I love the fact that Serena's carving out her second career the right way (by going to school, learning about nail care, earning her license, and opening her own bsuiness). Makes me love for her even stronger.
7. Mary-Louise, Billo the Clown "sounds like an idiot" because he is an idiot. (Not to say that you're wrong, BTW)