No one listens to me.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- There are so many people running for president that NBC has split them up into two groups who will debate separately over two nights. This sucks because all I want to do is see Elizabeth Warren crush Bernie Sanders (and Pete Buttigieg!) in a debate, and they’re in separate groups. I guess I’ll have to settle for the consolation prize of watching Warren go up against a sentient worn-in pair of jeans known as Beto O’Rourke. [New York Times]
- Thankfully, Sanders, Warren, Joe Biden, and plenty of other candidates have said they plan to attend the Poor People’s Forum, where they will take questions from activists and the head of the Poor People’s Campaign, a group that wants to tackle poverty, inequality, and system racism. [Politico]
- Nancy Pelosi thought the Warriors would win the NBA Finals, lost a bet to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. [Politico]
- Maine legalized medically assisted suicide, the third state to do so this year. [ABC News]
- The DCCC’s new rule to protect sitting Democrats won’t just make it hard for women and minorities to challenge incumbents; it will also make it harder for women and minorities to obtain and keep consulting jobs. [Politico]
- The youngest child migrant to be taken from his parents at the U.S.-Mexico border was four months old. [New York Times]
Ana Gasteyer Satirizes the Girl Boss in 'American Auto'
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
G/O Media may get a commission
47% Off Essential Organic PH Cleanser
Caprea’s Essential Organic PH Cleanser is just $10 with promo code TEN. Normally $19, this foaming face wash is crafted with organic Monoi oil. It’s meant to target the production of oil secretion while protecting your skin against air pollution. Normally $19, you can save big on this richly-lathering face wash while supporting a brand that keeps the environment top of mind.
This has been Barf Bag.