Last night, as previously reported, Kathy Griffin announced that she was leaving E!'s Fashion Police after seven episodes, stating, "I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference." Celebrity best friend Lena Dunham could not be happier for her.
Posting a photo of Griffin with Minnie Mouse ears to Instagram, Dunham commented, "Congrats to my beautiful friend Kathy Griffin for bravely saying enough is enough to intolerance of all kinds on television. She's modeling a better way for the youths (and working those ears.)"
Prior to her death, previous Fashion Police co-host Joan Rivers lobbed harsh insults at Dunham about her weight, once telling Howard Stern, "Let me ask you something. Lena Dunham, who again I think is terrific, how could she wear dresses above the knee?...You are sending a message out to people saying, 'It's okay! Stay fat! Get diabetes. Everybody die! Lose your fingers!'"
Griffin has also received the support of Kelly Osbourne, who left Fashion Police last month.
According to HollywoodLife, Chris Brown—finally moved to see women as people thanks to his new daughter—will stop referring to women as hoes—loyal or not—in his music.
"The baby has humbled him in a way and he regrets some of the music he's made, particularly the words he's used to describe women," says a source. "He really doesn't want to continue making music where he's calling women bitches and hoes and other derogatory words."
Doubting the veracity of this story considering that "Ayo," his new song with Tyga, was released months after Brown learned he had a daughter and opens with him singing, "We poppin' like ayo/All my bitches got real hair chilling with the top down/Screaming like ayo/I'mma take her ass down when she bring her friend around/Fuck 'em both like ayo."
But yes, Chris. Continue to look inside yourself. [HollywoodLife]
Beyoncé posted a message of support for Tiffany Monique, her backup singer who is battling cancer, to her website, writing, "We love you Tiffany. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Love, Beyonce."
Monique, who has also worked with Kelly Clarkson, has been posting health updates to her Facebook page. On Monday, she wrote, "Fevers, a-fib, no food or water since last Tuesday, quite a bit of pain and a lot of fatigue today. I'm finally 'comfortable' so I'm gonna get some sleep while the going is good." [Billboard]
- Do not smoke weed with Katy Perry. [ONTD]
- Ed Sheeran's girlfriend is over his friendship with Taylor Swift. [The Independent]
- Is Rihanna taking ol' scraggle beard Leonardo DiCaprio to her cousin's wedding in Barbados? OK! Magazine says so. [OK!]
- Charlie Hunnam has no problem going full frontal. Well, Charlie, YOUR PUBLIC AWAITS. [POPSUGAR]
- "I sing, so that's really unexpected," Emma Watson says about Beauty and the Beast, the well-known musical that she recently signed on for. [Telegraph]
- Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger are "in love and dropping the M word." Ménage à trois? Milkshake? Murphy Brown? [TMZ]
- Racism is a "silly concept," says Kanye West. [Gossip Cop]
- Ashanti talked about her stalker and her breakup with Nelly. [E! Online]
- Shailene Woodley, slurpin' on bone broth. [Gossip Cop]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Photos via Getty.