As you might have heard, California is in a kind of permanent drought and counties across the state are trying to reduce their water usage. Yet celebrities seem deeply uninterested in environmental maintenance or following the laws of common people, and more interested in maintaining their lush lawns. Among those law breakers? Kylie Jenner and Tyga. The Hollywood Reporter tracked down the law-breakers through public records:
Kylie Jenner, who lives in a $2.7 million, 5,000-square-foot Mediterranean mansion in Calabasas’ guard-gated Oaks enclave, as well as her hip-hop paramour Tyga (aka Michael Stevenson), who rents a $10.2 million, 12,000-square-foot Tuscan nouveau villa a few blocks away.
Residents are allowed only 15-minute outdoor water use two days a week, with no runoff ending up in the street or on adjacent properties. Nearly 70 percent of the water utilized in the area, known for its manicured lawns and sprawling estates, is used outdoors. (By comparison, the average daily gallon usage in June in the more urban City of Santa Monica was less than half the per-person consumption level of that within [Tyga and Jenner’s district].
Other celebrities caught include David Hasselhoff, Dr. Dre, and Denise Richards. [The Hollywood Reporter]
Zendaya has no use for the Twitter trolls her called her parents ugly. Some great faux concern from Zendaya on this one. [Huffington Post]
- Paula Deen might join the next season of Dancing With the Stars. [NYDN]
- Robert DeNiro has never seen an episode of The Sopranos. [Page Six]
- Kim Kardashian has breasts and is pregnant. [Huffington Post]
- Remember Tila Tequila? Apparently she was on Big Brother in the UK, where she went on a lengthy rant about Hitler, and was then removed from the house. [TMZ]
- Chelsea O’Donnell’s biological mother denies that her daughter suffered from mental illness. She added, “[Chelsea doesn’t want] any more attention after everything with Rosie [O’Donnell] saying that she had a mental illness.” Rosie adopted Chelsea in 1997. [Us Weekly]
Image via Getty.