Another day, another Kardashian doing something shitty to maintain their carefully crafted public images!
This time, it’s Kris Jenner! On Monday, Keeping Up with the Kardashians debuted a preview from their About Bruce special that showed Kris tearfully reacting to ex husband Bruce Jenner coming out as transgender.
“He has to deal with this for his entire life, waking up and feeling like, ‘Whoa, this isn’t my body, This doesn’t feel comfortable.’ That’s the only way I can kind of imagine it and you really have to let go,” coaches a very wise Kim.
“I have these memories of this life and I feel sometimes like it didn’t exist,” an emotional Kris responds.
Well, it turns out that the moment was allegedly manufactured after the special was shot and after Bruce gave his coming out interview to Diane Sawyer because Kris wanted to look more sympathetic.
“Kris was in pure damage control and needed to show a softer side, and so she decided the best way to do it was to film with Kim after Bruce’s interview,” the source said. “It was absolutely shot after Bruce’s appeared on 20/20 with Diane Sawyer. The criticism that Kris received for not publicly supporting Bruce really stung. This was her attempt to show a softer side, and get the fans back in her corner.”
“It’s very much the Kardashians versus the Jenners, now,” the source said, “and it’s take no prisoners.”
Kris Jenner initially claimed that she was not asked to participate in the 20/20 interview, but that—much like her entire persona—turned out to be a falsehood.
Zooey Deschanel is looking bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and bangless on the cover of this month’s Cosmopolitan. Inside the mag, she explains why she’s not sweating her post-baby body at this point. (The answer oddly is not “because my baby hasn’t been born yet.”)
“Haven’t we all seen those pictures of a sexy new mom in a bikini after one month? I will not be that person. I’ve always gone my own course and never been someone who had the need to be super skinny,” she says. “I like a healthy look. I don’t buy into that skinny-is-better mentality. I just eat healthy and work out and don’t worry about my weight too much. Actresses aren’t models, and most of them never wanted to be.”
According to Page Six, Lady Gaga’s Met Ball after-party “reeked of pot” and the singer was even spotted hunkering her mouth down on a “funny-smelling cigarette,” as well as some normal-smelling cigarettes.
“Gaga was seen taking a puff from what looked like a funny-smelling cigarette. Then again, spies at the earlier Met Gala said they saw Gaga slipping out of the party with designer Alexander Wang to smoke a cigarette as guards blocked photographers, and Gaga joked between puffs, “It’s better than trying to sneak a cigarette in the ladies room. I don’t want to get kicked out of the Met.”
“...looked like a funny-smelling cigarette” suggest that the same people who write for the New York Post also write scripts for 1960s PSAs about teen drug use. I dig it, man! [Page Six]
- Glee’s Kevin McHale says the show never bounced back after Cory Monteith’s death. [US Weekly]
- Glee’s Darren Criss is not doing so great during his first week as Hedwig. [ONTD]
- Karen O, whom I love, wrote the Google Doodle song for Nellie Bly, whom I also love. [Pitchfork]
- Oh, no! Britney Spears had to postpone more shows in Vegas because of her hurt ankle. [Billboard]
- Chris Brown is no longer wanted for battery in connection with a fight that broke out at a Las Vegas basketball game. [TMZ]
- Feminism is a good thing, says Charlize Theron. [Just Jared]
- “I love girls. I have an incredible, strong group of girls,” says Katy Perry. “We do this thing called ‘women’s meetings’ where we talk about our dreams and what we’re grateful for and we put flowers in our hair and drink tea. Stuff like that. I want to treat women like I would treat myself. We have to stick together.” [The Net]
- Replace “tea” with “blood of our enemies” and Perry’s women’s gathering sounds exactly like a Jezebel pitch meeting.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.