This week, Kanye West filed a petition to have his name legally changed to just Ye. Also happening in the West multiverse is his divorce from Kim Kardashian and a thousand different listening parties for his forthcoming album, Donda. He has a lot of plates spinning, but Kardashian has decided there is one bit of legal drama she won’t need to deal with at all, which is a surname change for herself.
According to TMZ, Kardashian will not be dropping West from her full name, even though she’s divorcing Kanye and he is dumping the name entirely. Her decision to keep her married name is relatively simple: she wants to have the same surname as her four children.
Kim and Kanye also do not have any plans to upgrade the names of their children but given the fantastical world of fluctuating names and personal branding, who knows what we might be calling North, Psalm, Saint, and Chicago in a few years.
- Speaking of the West family, Kanye will be handing out covid vaccinations at his next listening party for Donda; however, he will not be handing out the actual album. [TMZ]
- The house used in Cobra Kai as the home of historical villain Daniel will soon become an AirBnB. Strike first! [TMZ]
- Ron Jeremy has been indicted on rape charges. [TMZ]
- Mike Richards—who was hired and then fired as the new host of Jeopardy!—is now in sensitivity training. [People]
- Sha’Carri Richardson may have tossed a sub in the general direction of Allyson Felix. [New York Post]
- Venus Williams has also withdrawn from the US Open due to injury. [Instagram]
- Don’t come for BTS unless they call for you. [Teen Vogue]
- Doja Cat is hosting an award show that people often forget exists. [Vulture]