Over the past 15 months, Kevin Hart has starred in three buddy comedies: Ride Along, The Wedding Ringer, and Get Hard. Combined, the films have grossed over $325 million worldwide, so Hart will continue starring in a new one twice a year until he, a human money printer, runs out of ink. Up next is a sequel to Ride Along, to be released next January, and the recently announced Central Intelligence, which also stars Dwayne Johnson (the buddy) and Amy Ryan (the female lead).
Deadline reported on the new film, out next June.
The film centers on a mild-mannered accountant (Hart) who hears from a former classmate (Johnson) who was bullied in high school. The guy the accountant remembers as a loser now kills for the CIA and talks him into helping thwart a plot to sell military secrets. [Amy] Ryan will play the CIA operative who is chasing Johnson’s character.
This will be will be Hart’s second time portraying the more “mild-mannered” of the buddies. Get Hard, as nearly every single review pointed out, was the first.
And now, an imaginary slate of upcoming Kevin Hart buddy comedies:
- Ride Along 3 (2017)- starring Kevin Hart and Ice Cube
- The Two Johns (2017) - starring Kevin Hart and Kevin James
- The Shakedown (2018) - starring Kevin Hart and Jussie Smollett
- The Three Johns (2018) - starring Kevin Hart and Kevin James and Kevin Durant
- Interstate (2019) - starring Kevin Hart and Melissa McCarthy
- The Four Johns (2019) - starring Kevin Hart and Kevin James and and Kevin Durant and Kevin Spacey
- Not Now, Dad (2020) - starring Kevin Hart and Denzel Washington
- The Five Johns (2020) - starring Kevin Hart and Kevin James and and Kevin Durant and Kevin Spacey and Kevin Costner
Image via Getty.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.