Breakout star of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Kelly Marie Tran, has reportedly deleted every image from her Instagram account “after facing months of harassment from angry fans” of the franchise. And while I can’t personally vouch for the reliability of this story’s source—a Twitter account called Star Wars Facts—the original tweet’s nasty replies coupled with the respectable publications and Twitter users running with this story is enough for me to feel comfortable throwing it at the top of our only occasionally-accurate Dirt Bag.
The 29-year-old actor (the franchise’s first woman of color to have a lead role) has been the subject of racist, sexist attacks from Star Wars fans who loathe her and her character since the film’s release late last year.
I’ve reached out to Ms. Tran for comment and will update this post if she responds.
Issa Rae wore a blue gown covered in Swarovski crystals—and accessorized with a custom belt that People oddly chose to blur out in their coverage—to the CFDA Awards last night. She also wore a neon green pantsuit.
The belt reads “Every Nigga Is A Star,” the title of a Boris Gardiner song.
What’s the best music for this movie montage? I’m thinking “Let’s Hear It For the Boy.”
- Ashlee Simpson is Diana Ross’s daughter-in-law. This will always be weird. [Celebitchy]
- Jazz Jennings is having gender confirmation surgery on June 26. [Us Weekly]
- Having a famous girlfriend is doing wonders for Pete Davidson’s Klout score. [People]
- Tori Spelling made it on a list!!! Oh, wait... [Page Six]
- She’s baaaaaaaack! [Those Heavenly Days]