Katy Perry's new music video for "Birthday" involves her disguising herself as "the world's worst birthday entertainers" and pulling hidden camera pranks (or so she told Jimmy Kimmel). Which is a cute idea in theory but in practice it scares children who are just trying to enjoy child-festivities.
She showed a clip on Jimmy Kimmel of herself dressed as an Unprofessional Clown; in it, she is bad at the pinata and accidentally flails into the street, where she causes a car accident. Prank!
TMZ has obtained footage of the aftermath, though, and it shows concerned parents huddled around the crash and the faint wailing of a child going, "Mommy, I want to leave." According to TMZ: "Eye witnesses tell TMZ, Katy pranked a REAL 5-year-old's birthday party ... and most guests had no idea they were getting punk'd. Children were crying. One woman stormed away, visibly upset." Ooops!!!! [TMZ]
Justin Bieber made another fuck-up, as is Justin Bieber's wont. This one is pretty bad: he posted — and then quickly deleted — an Instagram photo of himself in front of the Yasukuni Shrine, which is a controversial site in Japan because it honors war criminals. He captioned it, "Thank you for your blessings."
He later posted another photo with the caption "While in Japan I asked my driver to pull over for which I saw a beautiful shrine. I was mislead to think the Shrines were only a place of prayer. To anyone I have offended I am extremely sorry. I love you China and I love you Japan." Ooof. [TMZ]
Drew Barrymore and her husband Will Kopelman have just welcomed their second child, another daughter whom they adorably named Frankie. Congratulations to them! (Their other daughter is named Olive; together, Olive and Frankie sound like the plucky protagonists of a beloved YA novel.) [The Hollywood Gossip]
- Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s wife Sara Kapfer — who was his high school sweetheart!! — just filed for a separation, citing irreconcilable differences. They'd been together for 20 years. [Bossip]
- Taylor Swift went shopping at independent book store McNally Jackson and it was rumored that she was PERUSING THE FEMINIST SECTION. What do you think she got? My money is on something by Andrea Dworkin. [Gothamist]
- James Franco says that Kanye wants him and Seth Rogen to perform "Bound 3" at the Kimye wedding. Which is a funny thought until you reflect upon what that would actually entail: the two of them flopping around on a motorcycle for four minutes while all of the Kardashians and guests look on. They would be the real-world equivalent of that labia gymnast from Game of Thrones. [Cosmo]
- Amber Heard dressed exactly like a business casual version Johnny Depp (which means that her hat didn't have a hole in it but she wore a lot of assorted garbage around her neck). [DListed]
- Jamie Dornan says he would like to do a job where he doesn't have to tie women to beds. Best wishes, Jamie. [E!]
- Kim Kardashian bought nearly every one of her Vogue issues at some newsstand. Maybe she's working on a collage??? Of pictures of herself? Or maybe she wants one in every room of the house? [E!]
- Kate Upton says she "could have looked better" in her Other Woman bikini scene. Kate, you are a professional swimsuit model; I'm sure you looked fine. [E!]
- Now Selena Gomez has unfollowed everyone on Instagram. She also posted an album review of "Growing Pains" by Mary J. Blige with the Toaster filter on it, which is a bad sign. [E!]
- Look how good Leighton Meester's eyebrows look in this fashion spread!! [ONTD]