Um, so, wait, what, who? Who what now? Did when? Why? What!? The beloved and iconic Kate Mulgrew—of Star Trek: Voyager and Orange Is the New Black—has reportedly narrated a new documentary, produced by virulent anti-Semite and Holocaust denier Robert Sungenis, promoting the idea that the sun revolves around the earth. What does it all MEAN!?!?!?
"Everything we think we know about our universe is wrong," says actress Kate Mulgrew as she narrates the trailer for "The Principle."
The film, which is set to be released sometime this spring, was bankrolled in part by the ultra-conservative and anti-Semitic Robert Sungenis, who maintains the blog "Galileo Was Wrong."
..."You can go on some websites of NASA to see that they've started to take down stuff that might hint to a geocentric universe," Sungenis says.
About one in four Americans believe in geocentrism, which places the Earth at the center of the universe and the sun, planets, and stars revolving around it.
I can't even begin to figure out what's going on here. [RawStory]
Rob Lowe wants you to know that PRETTY HURTS, OKAY!?!?
"There's this unbelievable bias and prejudice against quote-unquote good-looking people, that they can't be in pain or they can't have rough lives or be deep or interesting," the West Wing alum lamented. "They can't be any of the things that you long to play as an actor. I'm getting to play those parts now and loving it. When I was a teen idol, I was so goddamn pretty I wouldn't have taken myself seriously."
..."I've had years of psychiatry, and I ask about every six months — it's sort of like getting your oil checked — I ask, 'I'm not an actual narcissist, am I?'" he said. "The learned men of psychiatry assure me that I meet none of the medical criteria. The fact that we can even ponder the question immediately disqualifies me from being one."
Oh, Rob. [Us]
Vanessa Hudgens—human Coachella—is being paid $15,000 to attend the music festival.
The Coachella music festival in California kicks off Friday, and while tickets are selling for hundreds of dollars online, Confidenti@l has learned how much celebs are being paid to attend the event. Lea Michele will earn a cool $20,000 from Lacoste to wear its clothes while she rocks out to headliners OutKast, Muse and Arcade Fire, while Vanessa Hudgens is being paid $15,000 by McDonald's to hit the festival.
Wait...so does that mean she has to wear McDonalds? Are you sure she isn't sponsored by a tie-a-string-around-your-head company? [NYDN]
- Kim Kardashian wore a thong on her big butt and here are some photographs of it. [DailyMail]
- Time to meet Prince George's nanny! [People]
- Family, friends, and celebrities respond to Peaches Geldof's death. [Mirror] [DailyMail]
- MILEY CYRUS GOT A NEW PURPY GAZE UPON ITS FLUFFINESS AND DESPAIR [AceShowbiz]
- Here are some pictures of 20-year-old Sofia Vergara in her swimming costume, as my dad would say. [Us]
- LOL @ these people trying to act like ear cuffs are a "new trend." Tell that to 12-year-old me pining over the Yazdi booth at Folklife circa 1994 amirite!!?!?!? Up top. [E!]
- Jennifer Lawrence looks like an adorable goofball as a bridesmaid on the cover of Martha Stewart Weddings. [Us]
- Mila Kunis "stepped out" with her "tiny baby bump." [JustJared]
- Sara Gilbert talked details about her wedding to Linda Perry. [E!]
- Taylor Swift wore a formal crop-top. [E!]
- LOOK AT MY FRIEND'S STEVE BUSCEMI TATTOO. LOOK AT IT.
Images via Getty.