Kanye West interrupted his own concert, as is his wont, to pontificate for 20 minutes on a variety of subjects.
This time, he touched on corporate greed, the Grammys (he called his two nominations "disrespectful," "like leaving a $2 tip") and Drake ("We love Drake"). He also called out the media for racism:
This ain't no motherfucking spoof, so play this shit back at your motherfucking meetings when you're writing your jokes. Play this shit back when you're writing your headlines for your tabloids... Write that motherfucking headline when you try to make me look like a maniac or an animal, because you afraid of interracial relationships, because you afraid of the future, because you afraid of a rapper that was raised by two educated parents."
Missing the point entirely — that the media's gleeful portrayal of Kanye as manic and "ranting" tends to be racist and supremely condescending — TMZ wrote, "Funny ... we thought we were ragging on him long before he hooked up with Kim." Sigh. [TMZ, Gossip Cop]
Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal broke up because he didn't come to her birthday party after she lost her virginity to him two years ago, says a very timely report that was most likely obtained via someone close-reading Taylor Swift lyrics. [Radar]
Emma Watson became very ill on set at Noah, an action movie about Noah's Ark (???) because bottled water was banned on set in line with the film's environmental message. She drank stagnant water that had been sitting around the set for three months and got very sick; her director told her to "use it for the scene." Acting is a really weird job. [Guardian]
- Simon Cowell has shared with the world the first pictures of his newborn son; it is weird to see Simon Cowell, who professionally bullies amateur singers, holding a baby tenderly. [E!]
- Kendall Jenner, who is now beloved by the fashion world literally just because she's very pretty and thin, sat next to Anna Wintour at London Fashion Week. [Cosmo]
- Jason Derulo gave Jordin Sparks TEN THOUSAND ROSES for Valentine's Day. It's as though every celebrity in the world set out to see who could deplete Mother Earth of her bounty first this year. [NY Daily News]
- Kevin Spacey says that House of Cards is "99 percent accurate" and the one percent of inaccuracy comes from the fact that "you could never get an education bill past that fast." [HuffPo]
- Here's some behind-the-scenes footage of Lady Gaga shooting a new music video at Hearst Castle. There will be synchronized swimmers. [ONTD]
- Margot Robbie dyed her hair brown. ALTER YOUR WORLDVIEW ACCORDINGLY. [ONTD]
- Justin Bieber maybe just wants to go by Bizzle now, uh-oh. [ONTD]
- Lana del Rey favorited a mean tweet about Lorde, which is the most amazingly passive-aggressive dig to ever spawn forth on this lil' blue planet we call home. [ONTD]
- Rachael Ray made her dog a birthday cake out of ground beef and has graciously shared the recipe online. [People]
- There now exists a very long gossip article about how salons are trying to absolve themselves of responsibility for creating Paul McCartney's hair, so that's a good way to start off your week. [NY Daily News]
Images via Splash, Getty, Paramount Pictures.