Mild-mannered Great Neck accountant Kanye West uncharacteristically lost his temper and wrestled a paparazzo outside LAX to the ground after the dude asked 'Ye to talk to him at around 2 in the afternoon yesterday. Late last night, it was announced that the guy was pressing charges — cops decided that he did incur injuries after the attack — and Kanye would be up for felony attempted robbery in the D.A's office.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... police suspect Kanye committed an attempted robbery when he assaulted a photog at the airport and tried to jack his camera.
The case has now been transferred to the Robbery Homicide Unit and cops are currently putting a file together.
INCIDENTALLY, this is the same pap involved in the bald Britney Spears umbrella attack of 2007, who cashed in not only on the video of the incident, but put both the dented Ford Explorer and the umbrella on eBay. So there's that.
Song fodder, at least. Not that he needs more, since he could write a full-orchestra Brian-Wilson-SMiLE-era epic about wiping his butt. [TMZ]
- Octomom scammed taxpayers like you, me and Dupree. [TMZ]
- A topless shot of Miss Alabama, aka Madeline Mitchell, is floating around. [TMZ]
- A journalist who planned to slam Kris Jenner's talk show received a dozen Magnolia cupcakes and a silver pen from Tiffany's from Kris. [Radar Online]
- Sabrina The Teenage Witch made a nursery for her kid. [People]
- Taylor Swift's security detail flipped out over a parade in Rhode Island. I repeat: Taylor Swift is now trying to take parades away from the people of Rhode Island. Do you hear the people sing? [Radar Online]
- Kim Kardashian "can't lose the baby weight fast enough." [Us Weekly]
- Daniel Radcliffe is losing (a lot) of weight for a part. [Us Weekly]
- Tamara Mowry was a virgin until she married at 29. [Gossip Cop]
- Tyler Posey from Teen Wolf got engaged, if you care about that. [Gossip Cop]
- Jennifer Lopez celebrated her birthday with Pitbull and Casper Smart. Throw in Daddy Yankee and you've got yourself a crimefighting team. [Page Six]
- The Beliebers are finally turning on Justin, as predicted by Nostradamus himself. [Radar Online]
- Joel McHale is learning Filipino knife fighting. Never got his appeal, honestly. [Page Six]
- Ryan Reynolds got wet on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. [NYDN]
Image via Getty