We’ve been visited once again by Joy Behar’s insistence that she’s copulated with Casper aka had sex with a couple of ghosts. Yesterday on The View, Behar was teased by co-host Sara Haines for saying the week before that she’s “had sex with a few ghosts and never got pregnant.” That sounds like masturbation to me, but who am I to label another woman’s sexual experiences? Whoopi Goldberg, famous for starring in a movie about being seduced by a specter at the pottery wheel, laughed off Behar, saying, “I don’t know how many of you just heard what Joy just said, but I’m going to let it ride”—which, incidentally, is exactly what Behar is saying she did with a ghoul.
Behar playfully persisted with the lore when Haines brought it up again yesterday, saying that “Casper was not a generous lover.” It isn’t entirely clear how serious Behar is about getting it on with a spirit—perhaps she’s just referring to men who are unanimated in bed, which is a horror in and of itself. But there are plenty of celebrities who have been visited by ghosts in a sexual manner and have been eager to discuss it: A decade ago, Kesha, then known as Ke$ha, told Ryan Seacrest that her song Supernatural was inspired by “experiences with a ghost…but in a sexy way.”
During a 20/20 interview, Bobby Brown explained that a mansion he bought in Georgia came with a sultry spirit. “I bought this mansion in Georgia ... this was a really, really spooky place,” he said. “But yes, one time, I woke up, and yeah, a ghost. I was being mounted by a ghost.”
Anna Nicole Smith, Paz de la Huerta, and Lucy Liu all reported receiving pleasure from phantoms. There’s actually a name for the attraction: spectrophilia. Behar might be being bashful about her supernatural encounters, but she should know she’s not alone in her passion for poltergeists.
Apple MacBook Air Laptop
The M1 chip delivers 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation all while using way less power. Get up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Chaka Khan says that singers who use autotune should get jobs at the Post Office. [Page Six]
- Ryan Murphy claims that he reached out to 20 of Jeffrey Dahmer’s victims’ families, but none of them responded. [THR]
- We’re on the cusp of a Rihannaissance. The singer released her first song in almost seven years for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. [Rolling Stone]
- That weird eye glitch Katy Perry had earlier this week that made people think she’s a robot? Just her fun “broken doll” party trick! What kinda parties are you going to, Katy? [Instagram]
- There might be a Millie Bobby Brown and Mariah Carey collab to look forward to. [The Tonight Show]