- Another day, another John Mayer apology. He told the audience at his sold-out Madison Square Garden show last night, "I hate to come off like an asshole ever, and thank you guys for believing that I am not an asshole..."
- He continued, "Never, ever in my entire life did I ever think that it would be a good idea to be an asshole. But you know what? There's plenty of assholes who think the same thing, so I have to thank you." He added, "It's a clean me now, people, clean me." [Us]
- Kirk Cameron and Tracey Gold remembered their former Growing Pains co-star Andrew Koenig, who was found yesterday after committing suicide. "It is with great sorrow to hear about the final outcome of the search for my old friend Andrew," said Cameron. "I hope everyone will be sensitive to the Koenigs and give the family some private time to reflect and to grieve the loss of their beloved son. At a time like this, we are all reminded of the briefness of life and the importance of being ready for our eternal destination. My prayers will continue to be with Andrew's family." Gold added, "Today is a sad day. My heart is broken for Andrew's family. I have such great memories of Andrew and our time together on Growing Pains." [Us]
- Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack says that when he and her mother read her final autopsy report yesterday they, "both sobbed and sobbed. I haven't gotten out of bed yet. I pulled the report away from Sharon because I thought I was going to have to sedate her." However, he says he found "solace" in the report that she hadn't taken any illegal drugs. "She never did anything that she was accused of!" he said. "We never hid anything. And that's been the case with everything in our marriage. Maybe with her death, people will start to realize - yes, we had a lot of prescriptions around, but if you look at some of them, they date from 2001!" [Us]
- Gary Coleman suffered a seizure this morning on the set of The Insider and was rushed to the hospital. Dr. Drew Pinsky was on the set as well and he helped Coleman until paramedics arrived. [TMZ]
- On Twitter today, Lily Allen claimed her argument with Courtney Love at the NME Awards earlier this week wasn't a "bust up" but an "exchange of words." Allen explains, "She's upset because she has got it into her head that I put a lock on some dresses for the Brit Awards. When I saw her at the NME's she tried to talk to me and I told her to shut up and stop spreading stupid rumours about me and that's pretty much it. I would never with with her. As a rule i don't pick on crazy old ladies." Then she referred to Love as a "paranoid drug addled lunatic." [Daily Mail]
- Debra Danielson, who allegedly choked Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham, struck a plea deal today. She agreed to a deferred prosecution, so if she has no other legal issues and complies with her probation, the case will be dropped. [TMZ]
- Grace Jones will perform at Elton John's AIDS Foundation Academy Award Viewing Party in L.A. "Grace Jones is not only an amazing performer, but a dear friend and a fellow activist in the fight against HIV/AIDS," said John. "It is an absolute honor to have Grace as part of this evening that means so much to the foundation." [UPI]
- U2 tops Billboard's 2010 Money Makers list for earning more than $108 million last year on their "360 Degrees" tour. Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, AC/DC, and Britney Spears are also in the top five. [USA Today]
- Apparently we're supposed to find it scandalous that Rosario Dawson went to a burlesque show starring transsexual Amanda Lepore, who appeared in Party Monster. [The Sun]
- Kylie Minogue presented Coventry University student Emma McGann with the StudyVOx FM Music Award, then watched the 19-year-old singer perform. [The Star]
- Anita Baker finally worked out an agreement with her ex-husband to determine how much he is owed in music royalties in their divorce settlement, and avoided being held in contempt of court and jailed. [AP]
- A Facebook page made to promote Snooki's upcoming appearance at James Madison University had to be taken down when student started posting racist remarks, so now students have created another page called "Stay Off My Campus Snooki" to fill with crude comments. [Radar]
- Here's a recorded voicemail from the guy Jon Cryer's wife allegedly asked to kill him. Cryer's ex's lawyer says it proves she's innocent, but we're guessing possibly-edited recordings posted on TMZ aren't admissible in court. [TMZ]
- Possible Lost spoiler alert: At a party last night Michael Emerson said, "You'll see the biggest Ben episode ever in the next two weeks. It's a big one, and it may be the last one of the Ben episodes...it's worth watching." [E!]
- Brooke Shields hopes her daughters don't follow in her footsteps. "For their sake, I hope they don't. There's a lot of pressure. As long as they get an education, they can do whatever they want. If they need my help, I'll try, but I hope they find other interests," she said. [Daily Express]
- Colin Farrell said of his early days in Hollywood, "I wanted to show that I was proud of my Irishness - and I kind of felt I was presenting that side of me. But I was doing it in the most cliched way possible. It's like (what) Ricky Gervais (said) at the Golden Globes. He announced to the audience that he hates cliches, especially about Irish people being drunk, and then he said, 'Ladies and gentleman, here's Colin Farrell!' But it's what I was and what I did... (I felt) if I'm not going to take advantage of this experience, then they should give it to somebody else. The way (fame) happened for me was insane. Everyone was fighting to get me into a film. It was mad and it defied any contemplation. I just enjoyed it as I came." [Daily Express]
- Daniel Radcliffe filmed a PSA for The Trevor Project, an organization that works to prevent suicide among LGBT youth. "I grew up knowing a lot of gay men and it was never something that I even thought twice about - that some men were gay and some weren't," says Radcliffe. "And then I went to school and (for) the first time ... I came across homophobia. ... I had never encountered it before. It shocked me. I have always hated anybody who is not tolerant of gay men or lesbians or bisexuals... Now I am in the very fortunate position where I can actually help or do something about it." [AP]
Filed to:Dirt Bag (After Dark)
Dirt Bag (After Dark)John MayerKirk CameronTracey GoldBrittany Murphyandrew koenigsimon monjackDr. Drew PinskyGary Colemanlily allenCourtney LoveDebra danielsonFarrah abrahamGrace JonesElton JohnRosario DawsonKylie MinogueAnita BakerSnookiJon CryerMichael EmersonBrooke ShieldsColin FarrellRicky Gervaisdaniel radcliffeDirt BagCelebrityGettypic
More from Jezebel
"as a rule I don't pick on crazy old ladies"
But what about your feud with Elton, Lily? Eh? EH?