Taylor Swift made an appearance on the Graham Norton Show, and I would just like to shake the hand of whoever made the decision to pair her with John Cleese as guests. Genius.
Cleese straight up asks Taylor Swift if her cat is damaged (something we've all wondered at some point). But then he says that cats are great because they're unpredictable and cussed—"like women." (Ugh, it was going so well.) Everyone "Oooh"-ed, naturally, and Swift said "Ooh, we don't want to do that." I suppose this serves to remind us that Cleese remains restricted to the confines of being a sexist old British man. Sigh. [Vanity Fair]
Elsewhere in the Menagerie of Real Gals That Taylor Swift Calls Friends, Lena Dunham weighed in on Amanda Bynes' recent troubles with that signature positivity that is so earnest and personal, it comes off as sarcastic.
I don't know if I'm the only one who's been closely following Amanda Bynes's tweets today. She's clearly off her medication, the whole situation is really bad… But she did say something kind of similar [to Hannah] which was, 'I'm not crazy, I'm actually the one who knows everything that's happening.' I texted [Jenny Konner] and said, 'Maybe I'm nuts, but I think Amanda Bynes is actually kind of a great writer. Do you know what I mean?' She was like, 'I don't know what you mean!'
Let me get this straight: Amanda Bynes genuinely expresses a sentiment similar to something Lena Dunham has written for a character, so Dunham thinks Bynes is a writer, and a good one at that. Got it. [ONTD]
- Megan Fox is pretty sure she and Brian Austin Green "lived many past lives together," their love is that strong. 1) They're one of those couples and 2) fuck it, I love her. [Contact Music]
- Noted twenty-something Shia LaBeouf confesses he went through an existential crisis. No way. [US Magazine]
- Frozen River and August: Osage County actress Misty Upham has been missing since October 5. Her father says she is suicidal. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Channing Tatum's gotta run his Magic Mike XXL routine by Jenna Dewan-Tatum. [People]
- Here's Brad Pitt (accompanied by Angelina Jolie) wearing a V-neck with a drawing of Maleficent on it. I hope he drew it. [Just Jared]
- Sharon Stone penned a letter to your younger self, telling her to "toughen up." [Contact Music]
- Boardwalk Empire/Owen Sleater/Daredevil fans: here's your first look at Charlie Cox as Daredevil. [BamSmackPow]
- Sorry folks, Mark was just covering for me yesterday because he's the best—I'M BACK. SEAL GIF, ACTIVATE