According to various rumblings on the Internet, Jessica Chastain has been offered the lead role in True Detective Season 2.
This is great news (but bittersweet for everyone in the world who hoped that #TrueDetectiveSeason 2 would consist of Justin Bieber and Justin Bieber's monkey playing a pair of angstily dysfunctional cops trying to unravel a dark occult secret).
Anyway, according to The Nerdist, series creator Nic Pizzolatto is seeking a female-driven cast for the second season (hooray for rectifying the show's woman problem!), and Chastain was recently offered the part — though she has yet to accept. She would be wonderful, of course.
Actual elusive chanteuse Lana del Rey will reportedly play "Young and Beautiful" — which is Kim's favorite song — at the Kimye wedding; she was offered the gig in October 2013 and declined. She has agreed now because she will be paid six figures, which makes sense. [Hollywood Life]
Drew Barrymore is on the cover of People with her very cute baby, Frankie. Frankie is yawning in the photo and it is endlessly precious.
Drew spoke about what she hopes to do as a parent: "Always being on time, being there when I say I'm going to be there. Creating a real stable home. I know when my daughter wants to swing higher and jump into the pool and all of these things, she feels safe. To make your kids feel safe is everything." [People]
- Miley Cyrus covered The Smiths' "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out," if you're looking for a YouTube video that can reduce the resident pompous alt bro in your life to frustrated tears. [Billboard]
- Rachel Bilson is pregnant with her longtime boyfriend Hayden Christensen's baby. That will be one beauteous child. [Us]
- Robert Pattinson says he's trying to "never be photographed ever" again. I feel you bro, I felt that way after looking at pictures of myself at my college graduation, wearing the customary ceremonial garbage bag in 100 degree weather. [NY Daily News]
- Being on Facebook and Twitter all the time might cause everyone to spontaneously die, posits Emma Thompson. We don't know. It could. [Gossip Cop]
- Brody Jenner will not be attending the Kimye wedding, SO WHAT'S THE POINT IN EVEN HAVING IT? [Just Jared]
- Courtney Stodden "reveals what went wrong in her marriage." I wonder what it could be????????? [OK]
- Tom Cruise "jumped on Oprah's couch nearly nine years ago." #neverforget [Just Jared]
- Alicia Keys' son Egypt made his modeling debut at the Ralph Lauren Kids' fashion show. The "Matilda the Musical" cast performed. Tiny blazers were everywhere. [Page Six]