Jenny McCarthy, who has never been a contender for World's Best Parent, recently took to her new Sirius XM talk show and told a humorous lil' anecdote about how her son called the cops on her for texting while driving with him in the vehicle.
She shared the following tale about her 12-year-old son, who she termed a "rule follower": "We're driving in the car and of course I text and drive," she said on the radio program. "He called the police on me and said, 'My mom is texting and driving right now.' True story." She responded, quoth Jenny, by throwing his phone out the window.
Parenting pro-tip: some rules are meant to be followed, such as the rule that says don't use your hands and eyes to engage in written communication while driving a moving vehicle — especially not with your child in said moving vehicle. Also, like, if there are several PSA campaigns warning you not to engage in a behavior because you could die, maybe don't do it with your kid around? I DON'T KNOW. Just spit-balling here. [ONTD]
Demi Lovato continues to be really frank and open about her struggles with substance abuse, which is so refreshing and admirable to see in a celebrity. In an interview with the Daily Mail's You magazine, she opened up about her pain pill addiction, her eating disorder and her decision to get sober: "When you are no longer hiding anything, you don't worry about what is going to get out," she told the magazine. "I don't care who knows about my life, and now that I am an open book a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders." [Gossip Cop]
Christopher Meloni posted a photo to his Facebook fan page of his dog staring at his crotch with the caption "I will stare at your genitalia until u feed me…. #dogpsychology." The dog looks very surly. I feel a lot of conflicting and overwhelming emotions from looking at this photo. [New Now Next]
- Zayn Malik is receiving death threats after tweeting #FreePalestine because this world is a reasonable and not horrible place. [Mirror]
- Some humans were apparently extremely offended by Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" art, which includes her entire butt. In response, she posted several more butt pix on Instagram, including one that features Spongebob :( [Hip Hop Wired]
- Nina Dobrev was spotted leaving a Comic Con party with Ben McKenzie (RYAN FROM THE O.C.) ... [Just Jared]
- In other Comic Con news, the ladies of Game of Thrones looked v. beauteous on the red carpet. [Just Jared]
- ... AND "getting cozy" with Orlando Bloom while drinking Patron at some other party. Nina Dobrev is having the Comic Con of my high school dreams. [NY Daily News]
- Here is an entire story about Christina Hendricks drinking a martini and eating mozzarella and ricotta fritters by herself after going shopping. It is entitled "Sultry Christina Hendricks sip a martini alone." This news item is so aspirational. [Page Six]
- Katie Holmes' Louboutin heel got stuck between two wood planks while she was talking to Anna Wintour, which counts as a "near fashion disaster" and not a "poorly constructed floor near-disaster" because Anna Wintour was there, I guess. [Page Six]
- Susan Sarandon went shopping with her boyfriend; they were both wearing bold sneakers. That's my main takeaway. [ONTD]
- Jamie Dornan is in talks to join a movie about a "chef who sabotages his career because of his hard-partying lifestyle." I think I once saw an episode of Chopped like that. [Page Six]