Everyone's favorite Spring Breakers star/MFA student James Franco was up to some sketchy shit two days ago. Namely, he attempted to pick up a 17-year-old girl via Instagram direct message.
Here is how this tale unfolded: the girl, who was visiting from Scotland, took an Instagram video of James outside of his Broadway show "Of Mice and Men"; he requested that she tag him. When she did, he sent her a selfie (if you're curious about what this gesture might mean, you can read his entire New York Times op-ed about the ontology of the celebrity selfie or whatever).
Anyway, from there, he tried to court her over Instagram and text. Which is fairly creepy because he is more than twice her age and she is still in high school.
He also texted her and asked if they should get a hotel room; she replied, "I'll come back when I'm 18."
James Franco responded to this leaked conversation by temporarily changing his Instagram description to include "(PLEASE DON'T DM IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, THANK YOU)" and tweeting some kind of cryptic denial.
Maybe this is some kind of performative viral marketing campaign for his upcoming movie about a teenager who falls in love with her school's football coach? Or maybe James Franco is just a big creep. There's a 99% chance it's the latter. (More screenshots at the link.) [Dlisted]
Miley Cyrus broke down in tears while singing "Landslide," which she dedicated to her dog who passed away yesterday. "We used to always listen to Fleetwood Mac together, it's his favorite song," she said. I'm really legitimately sad about this. Floyd the dog was so cute :( [E!]
The staff at Bergdorf is reportedly afraid of Beyoncé, who "is known to have people fired." Scaring people at Bergdorf is a very aspirational thing to do, imho. [Page Six]
- Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner HELD HANDS. [E!]
- The world finally has its long-awaited picture of Adam Brody and Leighton Meester tenderly kissing. "It's almost like being at [their] wedding," says E!, rather pathetically. [E!]
- Brad Pitt dressed like a futuristic newsboy. Just hawking papes on the street for spare bitcoins (???? that's how bitcoin works, right?). [E!]
- Some guy stole, and then apologetically returned, Willie Nelson's stuffed armadillo. [NY Daily News]
- Mariah Carey doesn't know who Kim Kardashian is. [Gossip Cop]
- Orlando Bloom got a Hollywood Walk of Fame star and brought his son (WHO WAS WEARING BABY-SIZED SKINNY JEANS, OH MY GOD) to the event. [Hello]
- Lauren Conrad's light purple hair was an April Fool's joke. Good one, L.C. You really made us feel a range of emotions with that one. [Us]
- The Royal Baby is going to receive a surfboard during his Australia trip. If I know one thing about babies, it's that they love balancing on unstable water-crafts recreationally. [Hello]
- No one deserves this headline: "From Goop To Poop: Stick Thing Gwyneth Paltrow Determined To Lose Weight With Colon Cleanse Post-Split." [Radar]