We made it. Did we make it? Oh shit. I don’t think we did.
- NASA, please launch her into the sun. Actually, I take that back. Leave her here and take me instead!!! [Twitter]
- Republican senators have now offered Christine Blasey Ford a hearing on Wednesday of next week. [Politico]
- After reports that professors told women who aspired to be clerks for Brett Kavanaugh to “have a certain look,” the Yale Law School dean responded, saying these allegations are “of enormous concern.” [NBC News]
- Harvard Law School students want the university to investigate the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh, or cancel the course he’s scheduled to teach this winter. [Washington Post]
- Rightwing outlets have brought up an incident from Senator Cory Booker’s past, in which he groped a high school classmate. The difference between Booker and Kavanaugh? Booker has publicly owned up to it, numerous times, and has shared how his understanding of sexual misconduct and assault has changed over time. [Washington Post]
- Meanwhile, seven women who were sexually harassed while working as congressional aides called for lawmakers to finally take action and strengthen Capitol Hill’s sexual misconduct reporting system. In a letter, they wrote, “But for too many of us, the work was tainted by harassment and abuse nurtured by a culture of secrecy and an unforgiving, flawed system that protects those in power rather than those who need protection most. This included sexual harassment, verbal beratement public humiliation, being punched, being grabbed, being threatened. And in every instance, our current jobs and future careers in politics were integrally tied to our willingness to stay quiet.” [Politico]
- Last year, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein allegedly suggested secretly recording Trump and discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment. (FYI, that’s the one that can remove a president from office.) Rosenstein, for his part, denied the report, calling it “inaccurate and factually incorrect.” [New York Times]
- Oh, hello! Last year, Russian diplomats allegedly wanted to help Julian Assange flee the embassy in London where he was holed up. [The Guardian]
This has been Barf Bag.