Ooooooooooohhhhhhh, ooh ooh ooh, Maya Rudolph's variety show is happening—let me be on it! Let me be on it!! Pick me! I have 13 years of girlchoir experience, I kind of remember the choreography to "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy," and I can sing every word of Tom Lehrer's The Elements WHILE DRUNK. (Especially while drunk.) (Try to stop me when I'm drunk.)
More than a year after rumors first started circulating, and several months after it was supposed to debut, the Maya Rudolph variety show is actually coming to television. Hurray!The Maya Rudolph Show, currently just a one-off special, will air Monday, May 19 at 10 p.m., NBC announced today. Raphael Saadiq will serve as band leader; Fred Armisen, Kristen Bell, Sean Hayes, Chris Parnell, Craig Robinson, and Andy Samberg will guest-star; and Janelle Monae will be the musical guest. NBC says the special will "[revisit] the classic variety show format."
I want to marry this news. [Vulture]
Hayden Panettiere was NOT INVITED to appear in the Heroes reboot.
I think it's a whole new set of characters. Who knows? It's a little bit of an interesting feeling because you go, "That was our show, our home, our family," something that we had a major part in creating as well, and, I mean, I hope that they don't have somebody else playing our characters, that would be a little dagger in the heart. But, you never know. I wish them success in it, for sure.
I never watched Heroes and I have no feelings about this. [Cosmo]
- Artie Lange has been hospitalized after going into diabetic shock. :( [TMZ]
- Nas has a lot of feelings and talked about them in a Reddit AMA. [MTV]
- Ellen has been named THE MOST POWERFUL GAY CELEBRITY. [ContactMusic]
- Serena Williams looks fucking amazing, as usual. [Clutch]
- Dina Lohan pleaded guilty to a DUI and will probably get community service. [Yahoo]
- I love Alex Guarnaschelli so fucking much. SHE IS SO COMPETENT AND WISE. [People]
- Taylor Swift looks cute as hell. [JustJared]
- Kendall Jenner wore a sweatshirt at Coachella that says "I HAVE NO TITS." [E!]
- I disagree with this person completely. I think Emma Stone looks rad. Everyone should wear weirder stuff, always. [Crushable]
- In case you didn't know that this is Maya Rudolph's mom, this is Maya Rudolph's mom!!!!!
Images via Getty.