Yesterday it was reported that the LA County Sheriff’s Department would be recommending manslaughter charges against Caitlyn Jenner for her role in the car accident that killed 69-year-old Kim Howe. Turns out, they will be doing no such thing.
The L.A. County Sheriff’s Dept. says media reports claiming the agency is recommending Caitlyn Jenner be prosecuted for vehicular manslaughter are incorrect ... there is NO such recommendation.
As one law enforcement source put it ... Jenner’s state of mind was the same as other drivers who screw up and rear end someone, and you prosecute people for their state of mind, not bad luck.
While promoting his new film The Martian, Matt Damon was asked how his brother from another mother/best friend forever/alleged frequent houseguest/platonic soulmate/occasional writing partner/occasional burden/foil, Ben Affleck was doing. Damon’s perfect response was, “He’s good. He’s good.” After being asked about the state of Affleck’s marriage, Damon responded in a similarly perfect and Damon-y manner: “I think marriage is insane. It’s a crazy idea but I love being married to my wife. So I wouldn’t tell anybody else about their relationship. But I’m lucky I found my wife. And I guess maybe, if there’s any secret … it’s to feel lucky.”
Every few months or so, when Ben’s feeling particularly down late at night, I bet Ben texts Matt this link and adds, “remember this, bud?”
“how could I forget.”
“yep. hey. you doin ok?”
“can I come over?”
“fine. but Luciana’s asleep so meet me in the guest house.”
“you got whiskey?”
“don’t be a jackass.”
Hey, I have a quick question. How many nannies do Alec and Hilaria Baldwin have for their two children? Five?
- Here’s what Kim did while Kylie and Tyga were having fun on the water. [Instagram]
- Here’s what children did while Bill Clinton was taking too long on the golf course. [Page Six]
- Nick Jonas and Kendall Jenner are NOT dating, claims Nick Jonas. [E! Online]
- Ben Kingsley’s childhood nickname was Cupid. [Us Weekly]
- Jennifer Aniston and her ex-boyfriend Vince Vaughn are still friends. [Us Weekly]
- Is La La Anthony cheating on Carmelo?! [Page Six]
- OK, so your performance was so exciting that the power went out. That don’t impress me much. [Billboard]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Images via Getty/Screengrab.