I went on vacation and then got sick. Still, cry time cries on.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The White House has instructed former White House Communications Director Hope Hicks to defy a congressional subpoena related to its obstruction investigation. However, Hicks has already shared some documents with the committee! But will she show up for public testimony? We do not know! Either way, she is still a terrible person who should be deeply ashamed of herself! [Politico]
- The adult Trump children thank you for their very luxurious trip to the United Kingdom, which was paid for with public money! When was the last time you took a nice trip? Probably not as nice as their trip, which you paid for. [The Guardian]
- Is the president ever not evading taxes? While he’s sleeping, I guess. [New York Times]
- Another person has died in United States custody after crossing the Southern border. She was 40 years old and from Honduras, and collapsed inside a Border Patrol station. [Buzzfeed]
- The number of deaths—including the deaths of children—in U.S. custody are only going to increase as the Trump administration continues its directive of maximum detentions, and the agencies in charge of managing this system know it. Facing a capacity crisis of its own making, the acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Kevin McAleenan, “has warned that more children could die if they continue to wait in Border Patrol facilities for long periods of time.” [NBC News]
- The House finally passed a massive disaster relief bill, despite ample political fuckery standing between people in crisis and the aid they so desperately need. [Politico]
- John Boehner, who blocked medical cannabis legislation while in Congress, is now going to become very rich off legal weed. Someone should put him in a prison for assholes (different than actual prison), possibly? [New York Times]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.