Anna Cardwell, former co-star of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, is catching heat for associating herself with a company that made some pretty ridiculous claims about its products.
Ever since the show was cancelled (because her mother was dating a man who sexually abused her), Cardwell (aka Chickadee) has reportedly been trying to make some money. She even tried to launch a GoFundMe to raise some cash. That ended disastrously, and she quickly deleted the page. "I'm deleting my fund me cause everyone thinks I'm money hungry," she wrote. "I have been think about everyone's opinions and I got alot of chooses [sic] and I have done there idea and I get the [shit] end of the stick."
Now, according to TMZ the ex-reality show star has lent her name to a business which was busted for making claims its oils can prevent Ebola and help with cancer. TMZ reports that the company was warned not to make the Ebola claim (you won't find any mention of it on their website or catalog anymore). Here is the letter the FDA sent to the company in September of this year to warn them of statements made on websites by their paid consultants (aka salespeople):
Your consultants promote many of your Young Living Essential Oil Products for conditions such as, but not limited to, viral infections (including ebola), Parkinson's disease, autism, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, insomnia, heart disease, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), dementia, and multiple sclerosis, that are not amenable to self-diagnosis and treatment by individuals who are not medical practitioners. Consumers interested in your Young Living Essential Oil products are then redirected by your consultants to your website, http://www.youngliving.com, to purchase your products and/or register as members (i.e., consultants).
Examples of claims found on some of your consultants' websites that establish the intended use of your Young Living Essential Oils products include, but may not be limited to, the following:
On the website, www.theoildropper.com, under the heading, "Young Living Versus Ebola Virus":
- Under the subheading, "Be Prepared":
o "Since I have become an avid Young Living essential oil user I have learned all about the anti-microbial properties of so many oils, including ANTI-VIRAL constituents in many of our essential oils."
o "Viruses (including Ebola) are no match for Young Living Essential Oils"
- Under the subheading, "Top Oil Choices for Viruses":
o "Top on my list is Thieves. Thieves is highly anti-microbial . . . it could help against Ebola."
o "Ebola Virus can not live in the presence of cinnamon bark (this is in Thieves) nor Oregano." [sic]
YIKES to all of that. I don't think a company should be selling oils that save you from Ebola (really?) but I think we can cut Cardwell a little slack. She's out of a job, trying to earn a living and happened to lend her name to an unfortunate product. Hopefully she'll learn her lesson and do some better research about the products she endorses.
- YES OBVIOUSLY Stephen Hawking should play the next Bond villain. Don't worry Mr. Hawking, I will ask my husband Daniel Craig if he'll hook you up when he comes home for dinner tonight. I'm making him a nice roast to butter him up. [Time]
- Oh no, TayTay your underwear is showing! [Hollywood Life]
- Haylie Duff is pregnant. Let's all congratulate her and send her links to the most obnoxious mommy blogs so she can start panicking about what a terrible mother is she now. [People]
- Walmart says they are not stalling in the Tracy Morgan lawsuit. Walmart is usually full of shit, so...[HuffPo]
- Here are about 20 "hot" pictures of Jensen Ackles. [PopSugar]
- Stephen Amell did an awesome Facebook Q&A and explained why his character on Arrow, Oliver Queen, lives so well despite being "broke." He said in America, when billionaires go broke, "that means they just have $4 million left." [Facebook]
- One of the reason famous women will always earn some empathy from me is because whenever they dare get pregnant and have children like normal human women they have to immediately prove to the entertainment press how quickly they've "slimmed down." [Radar]
- Here is your final cast of the Suicide Squad movie: Will Smith (as Deadshot), Tom Hardy (as Rick Flagg), Cara Delevingne (as Enchantress), and Jai Courtney (as Boomerang) Jared Leto (as The Joker) and Margot Robbie (as Harley Quinn). Is everybody happy with this or what? [Just Jared]
- Xzibit got arrested for drinking and driving after his own wedding. (Yo dawg, I heard you like drinking with your driving so I got you an arrest warrant!) Xzibit, we love you. Please don't drink and drive. [TMZ]
- One day we will come to a place on our long journey when all Kardashians are nude. We will not understand how we got there. We will try to ask strangers if they know the way back. But they will not be able to answer our questions because they too are lost. [Celebuzz]
- A lot of people are writing about Jessica Biehl's puffy vest today. [Lainey Gossip]
- This headline, tho. [E Online]
Here comes the Hammer.