Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller, whose main claim to fame is emotionally abusing children in order to manipulate their fame hungry parents, has been indicted on charges of fraud after allegedly concealing $755,000 in income from the bankruptcy court in Pittsburgh.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports:
The star of the reality-TV show “Dance Moms” has been indicted in Pittsburgh on charges of concealing her income from her performances on the show in 2012 and 2013.
Abigale “Abby” Lee Miller, 50, formerly of Penn Hills, is charged with bankruptcy fraud, concealment of bankruptcy assets and false bankruptcy declarations in hiding some $755,000.
The indictment, handed up Tuesday, charges that when Ms. Miller reorganized her dance studio — the Abby Lee Dance Co. in Penn Hills — in December 2010, she schemed to defraud the bankruptcy court by hiding her income from the reality-TV, Lifetime show “Dance Moms” and related spinoffs, as well as from dance sessions and merchandise sales.
My current emotions are best represented by this poetic and overwrought Helen Keller dance routine, as performed by Abby Lee Miller’s favorite student, Maddie Ziegler.
Kirsten Dunst can still bring it. [MTV]
Here’s a depressing roundup of Lamar Odom links:
- “Khloe Kardashian—Still Married to Lamar and Making Medical Decisions” [TMZ]
- “Lamar Had a ‘Significant Amount of Cocaine’ in His System, Had Several Strokes: See a Timeline of What’s Happened So Far” [US Weekly]
- “Lamar Odom Drug Overdose: Meet the Prostitutes Who Found Him Unconscious” [Hollywood Life]
In other news:
- Scott Disick has checked into rehab. Take care of yourself, Scott Disick. [Page Six]
- Jessica Chastain believes in ghosts! And Tom Hiddleston looks good in glasses! [Just Jared]
- Babies shouldn’t dye their hair blonde! [THG]
- Jenny McCarthy is sad that Playboy won’t publish nudes anymore: “It breaks my heart that it’s the end of an era and in solidarity, I will be wearing my panties at half-mast.” [E! News]
- Harry Styles broke his poor lil foot. [ONTD]
- Oprah to T.I.: “Honey child, hush your mouth.” [Billboard]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Image via Getty.