Over the weekend, Halle Berry attended the Chrysalis Butterfly Ball where, as per usual, she looked ethereally stunning. She also posed briefly with her hands on her stomach which, of course, can only mean one outcome: pregnancy rumors. But the celebrity gossip mill can stop churning, because, in fact, Ms. Berry is not with child.
Her representative put an end to the rumors on Monday morning, and Berry later posted to Instagram jovially claiming her right to, you know, eat.
“Can a girl have some steak and fries?” reads the caption.
Girl, you certainly can.
Speaking of inappropriate speculation regarding women’s bodies, Rihanna has no tolerance for judgments on her current measurements.
Less than a week ago, Chris Sprags from Barstool Sports unceremoniously remarked that the singer is “getting fat.” His headline: “Is Rihanna Going to Make Being Fat the Hot New Trend?” And lest you suppose Sprags exhausted his cleverness on the headline, he also conjectured that Rih is “enjoying that good room service a bit too long” and wondered whether “all the hottest girls [will be inspired to] look like the humans in Wall-E.”
So, first of all, fuck you and your body-shaming bullshit, Chris. Secondly, you’ll be pleased to note that our queen responded gracefully, via Gucci Mane meme.
- Sam Claflin notes that he too has endured body-shaming—that many men in Hollywood do, though not to the same extent as women. Can we cease with this toxic bullshit, please? Full stop. [People]
- Oh dear god, Tobey Maguire has a 10-year-old daughter, and I am old. [The Cut]
- In happier news, Blue Ivy Carter was a hit in her ballet recital. [TMZ]
- Taylor Swift has a new boyfriend, and she probably wants us to know about it. [Lainey Gossip]
- Probably do not steal from Khloe Kardashian if you want to stay in her good graces. [TMZ]