I would never claim to understand the complex web of internal and external forces that lead a person to a death by suicide. And I certainly don't want to downplay either a mother's understanding of her daughter's temperament or the severity of some women's menstrual cycles. But Gia Allemand's mother's assessment of Allemand's death seems a little simplistic.
Donna Micheletti — who was on the phone with the former "Bachelor" star when she hanged herself — described her final moments with her daughter to Dr. Phil, explaining Gia had a history of drastic mood swings around the time of her period.
Donna said, "At that point, with how she felt with her menstrual cycle, she could not see clearly ... It was like night and day. It would come out of nowhere. All of a sudden, something would click in there and she would say 'This isn't right. He doesn't love me.'"
Donna acknowledged that Gia had been upset for various reasons — including recent fights with her boyfriend and father — but believes the hormonal extremes are what ultimately drove Gia over the edge.
That...can't be right. Can it? Regardless, RIP and condolences all over again. [TMZ]
Awwww, Hugh Jackman's feeling all bashful about the iron-pumpage photo he posted to Twitter.
The Wolverine actor took to his Instagram and Twitter accounts to show off his bulging biceps and vein-popping form as he trained for new movie X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Lifting an estimated 210 kilograms, a red-faced Jackman told his followers that “if it ain’t bendin, then you’re just pretendin (sic)”.
“I’m a little embarrassed about that. That was a moment. (of) just showing off, completely showing off… I’m about to turn 45, I will never do this again and I want to document it,” he told Access Hollywood.
Don't hide your light under a bushel, Jackman!!! [PageSix]
- Jenny McCarthy says boyfriend Donnie Wahlberg is "nothing short of awesome" with her kid. [Us]
- James McAvoy says Jennifer Lawrence is "properly amazing." [E!]
- Rashida Jones and Emmy Rossum and Camila Alves sat together at a fashion show and looked adorable. [JustJared]
- Lamar Odom is being sued for allegedly smashing a paparazzo's camera and car and face. [E!]
- Lucy Hale and her boyfriend broke up. Shrug. [Us]
- Oscar de la Hoya is going to rehab for miscellaneous substance abuse. [People]
- Amanda Seyfried and Justin Long (who are apparently a couple—NOBODY TELLS ME ANYTHING) sat next to Old James Van der Beek at the U.S. Open. [E!]
- Here's Joseph Gordon-Levitt on porn:
"Porn's fine," the Men's Health October cover star tells the mag. "I'm aware that it can be hateful toward women. It can be addictive. It can get ugly. But it's only damaging if you allow it to be."
- Okey dokey. [E!]
- Halle Berry and Nahla went somewhere. [JustJared]
- Here is Robin Thicke covered in naked women. [ONTD]
- Cindy Crawford's children hung out with Harry Styles and OH MY GOD YOU MUST CLICK THROUGH AND LOOK AT CINDY CRAWFORD'S CHILDREN. Oh, 14-year-old boy with the face of Cindy Crawford, YOU ARE CONFUSING. (Also, is Harry Styles a giant? Everything is confusing.) [JanetCharlton]
- Tom Hanks has jury duty and I can't stop laughing about it for some reason. [TMZ]
Images via Getty.