When you’re the low-earner in a marriage, a very good way to guarantee finalizing a divorce without getting a lot of extra dough is to sign a prenup with your bread-winning partner. Another good way of achieving this is to have an affair with the nanny that your wife finds out about because you absentmindedly synced your sext-sending iPhone with the family iPad.
Because Gavin Rossdale did not do the former, tabloid reports would have us believe it was the latter that led him to leave his marriage to Gwen Stefani without taking the “millions of dollars to which he is entitled” in the state of California.
...the couple — married for 13 years — did not have a prenup, so under the laws of California Gavin was entitled to 50% of everything acquired during the marriage. Our sources say Gavin did not press to get a big chunk of the money Gwen made from concert and record sales.
We’ve also learned the couple agreed to a 50/50 joint custody arrangement, although Gavin will end up with more than 50% custody of their 3 kids because of Gwen’s touring schedule.
And even though Gwen “would have been on the hook” for child support, Gavin continued taking the high road and didn’t even bother asking for it. It’s like he always says, “We live in a wheel where everyone steals, but when we rise it’s like strawberry fields. If I treated you bad, you bruise my face, couldn’t love you more, you got a beautiful taste.”
And with that, I finally get “Glycerine.”
Bethenny Frankel may have said some bad, ignorant things last night, but she had a few good quotes in this week’s issue of People.
“I don’t need to get married. I don’t need a man. I can support five men. Everybody is out there looking for someone – they want the ring and to get married. My opinion is you need a man who can deal with you. If I can’t meet someone who can do that, then I’d rather be alone.”
Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom’s relationship is like a stinky, saliva-drenched PG-13-rated middle school romance with more money.
- Teresa Giudice has learned that it’s tough to visit your husband in prison when you’re on probation. [Us Weekly]
- Jennifer Lopez would rather fuck a dancer than a musician, and that makes perfect sense when you think about it. [Celebitchy]
- Hailee Steinfeld chose her outfit...poorly. [Celebitchy]
- Pete Wentz isn’t a smooth talker, he just carries a lot of cash. [TMZ]
- Don’t talk while Harvey Keitel is talking or you WILL get shushed. [Page Six]
- Today in news about Natalie Wood’s shady-as-hell death: Robert Wagner says it “shattered” him. [People]
Image via Getty.