On Saturday, Page Six reported that Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot was refusing to sign on to the sequel unless Warner Bros. ended its co-financing deal with Brett Ratner’s production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment.
Well, it seems like Gadot, and everyone else involved with the production, got their wish. Gadot told Today co-anchor Savannah Guthrie on Wednesday in response to a question about her reportedly strong stance against working with Ratner again:
“So, at the end of the day, a lot has been written about my views and the way that I feel, and everyone knows the way that I feel because I’m not hiding anything. But the truth is, there’s so many people involved in making this movie, it’s not just me, and they all echoed the same sentiments. You know what I mean? Everyone knew what was the right thing to do, but there was nothing for me to actually come and say, ’cause it was already done before this article came out, you know?”
Ratner stands accused of sexual misconduct by actresses Olivia Munn, Jamie Ray Newman, and Natasha Henstridge, among others. Last week, Ellen Paige said that Ratner verbally abused her and outed her on set when she was 18 years old. Earlier this month, Warner Bros. and Ratner parted ways in a manner that sure did look as if the production company did the dumping.
You can watch the clip of Gadot’s Today interview below.