After four (4) years of passionately believing in Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes’ love as though Tinkerbell’s life depended on it all because of a single, super blurry photo of them holding hands in a recording studio, I have finally been validated: sharply focused photos of the two engaging in PDA are here!!!
In a series of images and video published exclusively by TMZ, FoxxHolmes can be seen doing what all famous couples do at some point in their relationships: frolicking on a beach in Malibu.
The relationship has been a favorite of the tabloids for some time now, and why wouldn’t it be? Her six-year marriage to Tom Cruise was one of the most exhaustively reported celebrity relationships of this century, and their eventual divorce (not to mention Cruise’s, uh, infrequent visits with daughter Suri) was all wrapped up in a series of messy, nasty rumors about Cruise’s relationship with Scientology. (Were they behind the divorce? Did Katie reject them? Was she trying to protect Suri?)
Back in 2013, the aforementioned blurry photo of Foxx and Holmes was just unexpected enough to feel absolutely believable. Of course Holmes would move on from Hollywood’s creepiest men to one of its coolest! Of course she would keep it a secret! (Five years without dating publicly was rumored to be a condition of her divorce.) Though they never displayed their affection for one another in the same frame again, that single photo was enough to keep the magazines writing about their impending nuptials and successfully merged families for years. And now, with the release of these photos, it’s as official as it gets. (Note that they dropped on Tuesday night—just after the tabloids would be able to get them in print for their Wednesday issues.)
In the words of Cece Peniston:
Finally it has happened to me right in front of my face, my feelings can’t describe it. Finally it has happened to me right in front of my face, and I just cannot hide it.
I don’t know why I was so struck by this, but Andy Cohen’s home office is amazing?
- Speaking of rumored celebrity couples making it official! [Page Six]
- Amal’s maternity leave is almost over, which means the Clooney household is about to become one of those Brawny/Tide/Swiffer commercials where the dad just starts spilling everything while chasing around twins. [Celebitchy]
- An iconic seafood market burned down in the Hamptons and now all the celebrities will starve. [Page Six]
- Remember Jackie Evancho? I don’t, but she’s moving to New York. [Page Six]
- Something very alarming happened to Selena Gomez, so TMZ did responded like children. [TMZ]
- There are no winners here. [People]