Please enjoy this video of our great leader:
Ana Gasteyer Satirizes the Girl Boss in 'American Auto'
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The White House says that Donald Trump, who lied to reporters about reading a letter from North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, did, in fact, eventually, read the letter. [Shannon Pettypiece/Twitter]
- Also, the North Korea meeting that Trump scheduled, then canceled, is now scheduled again. Riveting! I wonder if we will die in a nuclear war. [New York Times]
- A judge has temporarily blocked an Iowa law that would ban abortions after detection of a fetal heartbeat; fetal heartbeats can develop as early as six weeks into pregnancy—before many people even realize they’re pregnant. If the law is enacted, it will be one of the most prohibitive in the country. [Des Moines Register]
- Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens signed 77 bills on his final day as governor, including legislation that criminalizes the dissemination of nonconsensual, sexually explicit images. Greitens resigned after he was accused of sexually assaulting a woman and taking explicit nude photographs without her consent. He faces potential criminal charges. [Kansas City Star]
- EPA head Scott Pruitt blew more than $1,500 on customized fountain pens, as one does. [The Washington Post]
- A record number of white supremacists are running for election in 2018. Please let this become more motivation to register and vote in every single election you can. [Business Insider]
- Speaking of which, a new study suggests that white Americans support cutting welfare programs because they’re pissed that people of color benefit from them. [The Washington Post]
- Where. Is. Melania????? [CNN]
- In a horrifying interview, Virginia congressional candidate Nathan Larson, a white supremacist, also admitted that he’s a pedophile and rapist. [HuffPost]
- The Trump administration faces a lawsuit alleging that the new census question asking respondents if they are U.S. citizens targets immigrants. [The New York Times]
- I’m sorry, but the horror is relentless: ICE has deported the uncle of orphaned children whose parents died as a result of fleeing ICE. [HuffPost]
- Trump thinks he’s the shit. Those around him think he’s a shit. [Politico Magazine]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
G/O Media may get a commission
47% Off Essential Organic PH Cleanser
Caprea’s Essential Organic PH Cleanser is just $10 with promo code TEN. Normally $19, this foaming face wash is crafted with organic Monoi oil. It’s meant to target the production of oil secretion while protecting your skin against air pollution. Normally $19, you can save big on this richly-lathering face wash while supporting a brand that keeps the environment top of mind.
This has been Barf Bag.