Christina Aguilera covers Billboard Magazine this month to promote her newest album, Lotus, featuring the single "Your Body." In the interview, she recalls the pressure that music studios put on her image in the early-aughts, something she's not standing for in these P.B. (Post-Burlesque) days:
During the promotion of my album Stripped , I got tired of being a skinny, white girl. I am Ecuadorian but people felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl. The next time my label saw me, I was heavier, darker and full of piercings!
They held an emergency meeting for the 15-pounds-heavier Aguilera and told her that nobody would buy tickets or albums until she was back to her "toothpick-thin" weight, so she dropped it for her Back To Basics tour. But after the failure of her 2010 album Bionic, she decided the next time around to head off the bullshit at the pass.
I told them during this Lotus recording, "You are working with a fat girl. Know it now and get over it." They need a reminder sometimes that I don't belong to them. It's my body. My body can't put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore-my body is just not on the table that way anymore.
Assault charges were dropped against the Illinois congressional aide who got into a scuffle with Lindsay Lohan over cell phone pictures at a New York hotel club. Lohan claimed that the man, Christian LaBella, threw her to the ground and tried to choke her. Before cops decided there wasn't enough to back LiLo's claims and the charges went poof and disappeared, LaBella had been arrested on two misdemeanor counts of assault and one on harassment. [TMZ]
Natalie Portman is eyeing the role of Jackie Kennedy in the upcoming biopic Jackie, which follows Camelot's First Lady in the days after JFK's assassination. The project was initially developed by Darren Aronofsky for Rachel Weisz, but neither are attached now. Portman is reportedly waiting to confirm until a director signs on. [Access Hollywood, Vulture]
Oh, good! Turn down a role in Hollywood these days, and people will assume it's because you're pregnant. Gwyneth Paltrow said no to appearing in Clint Eastwood's remake of A Star Is Born, and, as we all know, the logical next step here is to assume that she said no because she is With Child. Not because remaking A Star Is Born AGAIN is a terrible idea, or because Clint Eastwood is an old crank who can only communicate with furniture and has probably cast a stool and an ottoman as the lead roles. [Showbiz Spy]
Anjelica Huston, coolest person alive, didn't feel cool in her teens. Her mother had just died in a car crash, and her father, the director, John Huston, was notoriously tough.
I had once overheard my father saying, when I was about 15 or 16, that I might turn out to be plain. That was a particularly unattractive moment for me. My nose was growing and my chin was receding, by comparison, and no one knew more than me how plain I felt. Confidence is really so fragile, in acting. Even when I was 28 - I had been modelling in New York - and told my dad that I wanted to act, he replied: "Don't you think you are a little old, honey?"
She adds, "My advice to my 18-year-old self would have been: "Stop wasting time pondering about things. Just go out and do them..." No one can tell you how quickly time passes, either." She also talks about her then-boyfriend Jack Nicholson, who she dated for ages. Oh, just read all of it. Also, look how beautiful she was/is. [The Sun]
- Former ANTM star and insane person Lisa D'Amato married. [Us Weekly]
- AHH, Stanley Tucci and Felicity Blunt exchanged vows again in London. Love him. [Us Weekly]
- Annnnd Anne Hathaway's Valentino wedding dress. Why is everyone getting married in Big Sur nowadays? [Us Weekly]
- Tom Cruise is actually getting special treatment from Scientology because they're allowing him to see Suri at all, ever. God, Scientology fucking blows. [Radar Online]
- Want to see Justin B33b3r puking onstage? Thought so. (He blamed it on too much milk.) [Us Weekly]
- Despite numerous famous heartbreaks, Taylor Swift is still "positive about dating." I should hope so, she's like 22? [People]
- Dave Grohl tried to keep everyone out of the bathroom and at the bar when the toilets in the Jane Hotel men's bathroom flooded. [Page Six]
- Young Jeezy and Rick Ross feuded backstage at the taping of the BET Awards. [NYDN]
- Katy Perry is planning a "divorce party," which she TOTALLY got from Gossip Girl. [Irish Independant]
- Some huuuuge Partridge Family fan bit Danny Bonaduce in the face. Not kidding. [Express]
- Dolly Parton dropped out of plans to build a water park in Tennessee. I feel so fucking cheated. [Business Journal]
- Paris Jackson cut her hair. [Daily Mail]
- George Michael is canceling a series of Australian shows due to "major anxiety." [USA Today]
- Honey Boo Boo and family got a big-ass raise from TLC. [TMZ]
- One Direction Pop'em Harry Styles says that his female friends told him to read Fifty Shades of Grey and that he thinks it could be "educational." [Entertainmentwise]
- Teresa Guidice "hits [Jacqueline Laurita] below the belt" on the Real Housewives of NJ reunion. [Us Weekly]
- Kanye West is being sued for using a sample from a 1969 Eddie Bo song without permission on My Dark Twisted Fantasy. [Vulture]