Approximately 1 million years ago, Charlie Hunnam was cast as Christian in Fifty Shades of Grey. He quit before the movie could begin shooting and—oh, my god. Are we still talking about this?
“It was very, very painful for me, that whole process, just very unpleasant. I felt like I let myself down. I let those people down on Fifty Shades that I’d grown to really love and respect. It’s just a really unpleasant period of time for me,” Hunnam told Entertainment Weekly, forgetting perhaps that Fifty Shades was a bad movie, that he dodged a semen shaped bullet, and that literally no one cares anymore.
Oh, wait. He’s still going:
“For the first time in my life, [I] had more work than I had time to do it. It’s very hard to be disciplined in that situation and understand what is going to be required to all of that work to the best of your ability and have yourself surrounded by people.
...You see it all the time in Hollywood. There’s a tendency to make hay while the sun shines and to capitalize on every second once somebody gets hot and people just get burnt out. That’s what I started to do.”
Look in the mirror, Charlie. Remind yourself that you’re fine. Take a deep breath. Say it again. Don’t have a mirror? Come over and use mine. (No, but seriously, come over.)
James Franco is releasing a book about Lana Del Rey called Flip-Side: Real and Imaginary Conversations with Lana Del Rey. It will be published by Penguin Random House, released in 2016, and—because the subject is too much for any one man to handle—cowritten by David Shields. [NYDN]
- Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfelt: Maybe not so broken up after all! [US Weekly]
- While they’re trying to tell you otherwise, Bethenny Frankel and Eric Stonestreet are definitely A Thing. [Radar]
- Kim Richards loves sobriety. Good for Kim Richards! [Page Six]
- In more Real Housewives news, Kandi Burress and Todd Tucker are having a baby! [Dlisted]
- Calvin Harris “is ready to take the next step” with Taylor Swift. What? Like butt stuff? [OK!]
- Congratulations, it’s the 5 year anniversary of One Direction. [Gossip Cop]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Images via FX/Sons of Anarchy and Tumblr.