Earlier this month, Caitlyn Jenner made headlines after sharing her thoughts regarding same-sex marriage on Ellen. “I kind of like tradition, and it’s always been a man and a woman,” she said. “I’m thinking, ‘I don’t quite get it.’”
In a blog post published Monday, Jenner changed her tune. She wrote:
I want to help each of you understand something that I only recently embraced: Being different is okay – in fact, it’s great! But I also understand it takes some getting used to. Like many people, there was a time when I didn’t realize how important it is for gay couples to have the right to get married. But after hearing from my gay friends and learning more about the hardships they faced because of discrimination, it became clear to me that everyone should be able to marry the person they love.
There’s something sort of nice about this entire turn of events, isn’t there? We haven’t just seen Caitlyn learn more about herself over these past few months - we’ve seen her learn more about entire groups of marginalized people. Groups of people she—as a wealthy, “traditionalist,” white Republican—may not have thought about much even one year ago.
Her entire post is great.
Julia Roberts had no idea she would be appearing onstage with Taylor Swift until taking her kids backstage to meet the singer moments before the show. In an interview with Extra TV, Roberts says Swift asked, “Would you mind coming on stage during the song and dancing?” Roberts’s children basically freaked out and told her she had to, so she did. “I was so nervous,” she said. “[Had I known I would be going onstage] I would have washed my hair. I was, like, wearing a ponytail and leggings, tennis shoes.”
No word yet on how Joan Baez was convinced. I still think she just took a wrong turn somewhere.
Usher posted a video of Rita Ora tossing pizza dough. Here it is!
I love this headline:
- I’d like a chicken burrito bowl and a medium Jonathan Franzen, please. [Vanity Fair]
- Blac Chyna wants to give Kylie an “epic meltdown.” [THL]
- What’s funny is that I’ve never quite figured out who Blac Chyna is.
- Couldn’t care less about who either of these people is hooking up with, to be honest. [E! Online]
- Couldn’t care more about the fact that Britney’s ex is currently hooking up with Tiger Woods’s ex. [Page Six]
- Lil Wayne and Christina Milian are SO OVER. [THL]
- Lady Gaga and bar dancing are SO OVER. [Page Six]
- Don’t Jay Z and Beyonce look so, so, so, deeply in love here? [Us Weekly]
- WELL GUESS WHAT, THEY’RE NOT. [Radar Online]
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image via screengrab.