- Britney Spears' former bodyguard Fernando Flores has filed a lawsuit claiming she exposed herself to him repeatedly, beat her children, and had sex in front of them.
- Flores says that after he complained about Britney's unwanted sexual advances, she said, "You know you liked it." He also accuses Brit of asking for his belt, then beating Sean Preston with it, feeding the kids crabmeat even though they're allergic, and preventing the staff from seeking medical help when the boys started vomiting. The L.A. Department of Children and Family Services has already investigated and found Flores' claims have no merit. [TMZ]
- He also says Britney told her sons, "Mommy is White Trash." [Radar]
- In former Girls Gone Wild employee Ryan Simkin's tell-all book, he claims that he delivered a present from Joe Francis — a cigarette box full of cocaine and Ecstasy — to Paris Hilton on a Seventeen magazine photo shoot. He says, "I asked if she was flying private [to Europe], and she said, 'No, commercial.' And then as politely as I could, I asked her how she planned on traveling with that amount of blow and X. She held the box in her right hand, and then with an underhand swoop like a lower case J, she demonstrated exactly how she intended to beat airport security. She even whistled as she did it. A little alley-oop with the Camel Box, straight up her (vagina). Classic." [Radar]
- Snooki was fined $500 today for annoying other people while drunk on the beach in July. The judge said, "You seem to be acting like a Lindsay Lohan wannabe... Going through life rude, profane, obnoxious and self-indulgent is not the way you want to go through life." [AP]
- Snooki was also sentenced to two days of community service. She already completed one over the weekend by picking up animal poop at Popcorn Park Zoo in New Jersey. [TMZ]
- Dina Lohan told TMZ, "The family is very disappointed that a judge would say that in a court of law." [TMZ]
- Here's a grainy photograph of Halle Berry kissing her Dark Tide costar Olivier Martinez off set. [People]
- Cher met her new boyfriend on Facebook. "He thought she was an impersonator in Vegas," says her Burlesque costar Chelsea Traille. "His friend was like, 'That's Cher you idiot!' He asked her and she was like, 'Yeah, that's me.' They met, they hang out. Now they're best friends." [E!]
- The sheriff who arrested Mel Gibson in July 2006 for DUI is suing the county of Los Angeles for discrimination and harassment, saying he was unfairly targeted in the investigation into who leaked Mel's anti-Semitic rant. [CNN]
- "Why Is Jake Gyllenhaal Covering His Mouth in the Love and Other Drugs Poster?" Good question! [N.Y. Mag]
- ZOMG! CNN announced Piers Morgan is taking over for Larry King in January. You know, that British guy from that dancing show. I can hardly wait! [The Wrap]
- James Franco's SNL documentary has a distributor and will be coming to a theater near you in 2011. [The Wrap]
- Rachel Dratch has given birth to a son named Eli. Congrats! [People]
- Mike Tyson announced he and his wife Lakiha Spicer Tyson are expecting a baby boy, due in January. This will be his eighth child. [Us]
- BREAKING: Madonna rides the subway. [N.Y. Mag]
- Katee Sackhoff is joining CSI as Detective Reed, a "smart, tough, and feisty investigator," not unlike the smart, tough, and fiesty Starbuck. [ONTD]
- Yesterday it was reported that Martin Freeman turned down the lead in The Hobbit due to scheduling conflicts, but now sources say producers have made another offer that would let him continue filming Sherlock and appear in the movie. [AICN]
- Ashley Holmes of RHONJ has broken up with her boyfriend Derek Vance. [Radar]
- January Jones' Emma Frost costume looks pretty silly in these shots from the set of X-Men: First Class. [Just Jared]
- Jon Hamm on his fantasy foursome (for golf): "I'd want a mix of good golfers and really funny people ... I'd love to play with Lee Trevino, because he seems like a real fun guy who's got a lot of great stories. Also Ray Romano, because nobody gets down on himself quite like Ray about how bad he's playing so that makes you feel better about your game. Tiger, I would love to play with that guy, I've seen him swing the club and I am utterly fascinated by how that guy hits a golf ball. That would be a pretty fun foursome, right? I could shoot 120 and I wouldn't feel bad."[People]
It may be just a casting snippet, it may be just a CSI procedural, and it may be just Dirt Bag, but it makes me feel lightheaded with happiness to see the words "Katee Sackhoff" float up from my computer screen.
I've got absolutely nothing against well-made crime procedurals (and the makers of CSI have certainly done impressive, creative drama for many years), but an actress as compelling and electrifying as Sackhoff deserves to be in a show that pushes boundaries. She's got so much more to give than Starbuck with tweezers and a blacklight, you know? Sackhoff needs a much bigger canvas to paint on.
I wish the TV gods had something genuinely strange and wonderful and unique for her to play with.