- Leo DiCaprio has taken over for Brad Pitt as the Tag Heuer spokesman. Wearing that watch is not an easy job. [WWD]
- Speaking of watches, here's the $8 grand Obama model. "To mark the occasion and commemorate John F. Kennedy's timeless style, Omega has reissued the ultra thin timepiece the man wore during his inauguration on January 20th, 1961." "The man" would surely approve. [Racked]
- Given her influence, anti-fur critics are urging Michelle Obama to avoid fur at the inauguration. [HSUS]
- Fur aside, 'Obama' is the biggest name in luxury goods for 09! [Extra]
- Get the Obama look yourself, on a budget! "If you're looking to mimic Michelle Obama's graceful style or Barack Obama's sharp suits, while not spending a fortune, you can find it on SHOP.COM." [Shop.com]
- Ambassador Anna Wintour's fate is being contemplated by the fashion world "'with a guillotine glee akin to that which preceded the death of Marie Antoinette.' But one fashion source dismissed the prospects of her purported replacement, French Vogue editrix Carine Roitfeld: 'I don't see how you could give it to Carine. She barely speaks English.'" [New York Post]
- Accessories led the counterfeit seizures in '08. Well, yeah. [WWD]
- We're not gonna lie: the waxen LiLo for Fornarina ads kinda depress us. [Fabsugar]
- Men's Vogue stays alive...in a Lord Voldemort sort of way. The Spring Issue will be "reverse-bound" to the back of women's Vogue.[ WWD]
- In an awesome and vaguely disturbing Dean and Dan ad, supermodels Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista engage in fisticuffs. [Models.com]
- Peter Som parts ways with Creative Design Studios. [WWD]
- Deep holiday discounting has hurt Ted Baker's profits. [FT]
- Daisy Fuentes's new beauty line, Style Pro, uses all natural ingredients. [WWD]
- Are we obsessed with Sofia Coppola's enchanting Miss Dior ad? Obvs. But are we the only ones who kind of wish it was Audrey, or at least someone alive with a bit more personality? [Fashionista]
- Katie Holmes buys a cookie, some sweaters. [WWD]
- Aeropostale was one of the few winners in a dismal retail season. [The Street ]
- We love Oscar de la Renta: "This is a challenging time to be a designer because a woman today knows so much more...There has never been a woman so in control of her destiny as a woman today." [Bergdorf Goodman via New York]
- By contrast: "Karl Lagerfeld: That's the kind of thing we promise to do, but we never do it… So I have your big book in front of me.
Tom Ford: Yes, it's very big.
Karl Lagerfeld: Quite beautiful, but it's really the final point of a decade.
Tom Ford: It is a closed period. And that was one of the reasons I wanted to do the book. For me, like you, being a Virgo, we like to have things very neat, very clean, very finished and I wanted to finish that chapter of my life so I could move on to the next one.
Karl Lagerfeld: Exactly. I never turn pages; I tear them out. When the time is finished I don't turn the pages anymore, I forget about them.
Tom Ford: I see what you're saying.
Karl Lagerfeld: I think it's a very good attitude in life." [FakeKarl]
Filed to:Rag Trade
Rag TradeBrad PIttLeonardo DiCaprioTAG HeuerBarack Obamamichelle obamaOmegaShop.comAnna WintourVogueMen's VogueCarine RoitfeldcounterfeitsLindsay LohanfornarinaNaomi CampbellLinda EvangelistaTed Bakerpeter somCreative Design Studiosmake me a supermodelNikki TaylorNicole TrunfioDaisy FuentesOscar de la RentaKarl LagerfeldTom Ford