Blake Lively, skilled chooser of words, offered Marie Claire a touching description of her 15-month-old daughter, James, for the magazine’s July cover story:
Namely, “she has my clammy hands!” Lively, 28, wails. “And my heavy eyelids, my meaty eyelids.” She pivots from self-deprecation to ebullience. “My family: That’s the thing that I feel most protective of and the thing that I feel is the most exposed when I feel exploited.”
For someone so protective of her family, you’d think Lively would have at least noticed that her baby was replaced in the night by a common tree frog wearing a Vivienne Westwood romper.
I would never accuse anyone’s grief of being performative, and in fairness, Kelly Osbourne did write that she “wanted to get this tattoo for a long time.” But, well, you know, etc.
- Calvin Harris does not appear to be taking kindly to the news of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston’s spicy Rhode Island weekend. [Pop Crave]
- Rachel McAdams went to a wedding, the slippery minx. Who even knows where she is right now! (Check under your bed.) [Lainey Gossip]
- Zoe Saldana talks about the emergency C-section she underwent in 2014. [People]
- Brooke Shields’ husband, the writer and producer Chris Henchy, wept on the witness stand on Wednesday as he discussed his wife’s alleged stalker. “I don’t want my wife walking out the door and having to look left and right for her safety,” he said. [Page Six]
- Won’t someone please just spank Nick Jonas already? [DListed]
Image via Getty.