In a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight that’s currently making the rounds, Ed Sheeran revealed the process by which his new duet with Beyoncé (“Perfect”) came to be. “I have an email address that I email...that actually changes every week,” Sheeran said. “So I emailed that and then we got on the phone. It’s been in the works since May.”
Since the interview was published, we’ve been seeing headlines like these:
But let’s examine Sheeran’s original quote: he emails an email address that changes once a week—one that isn’t necessarily read by Beyoncé herself—and then a phone call is set up. My interpretation of this is that one of Beyoncé’s many assistants has an email address used for a certain category of professional matters that changes regularly, and that Beyoncé’s personal email address—one accessible only by her family and closest friends—changes considerably less often.
Like, when Miss Tina has a funny story from LittleThings or the Houston Chronicle to send her daughter, she’s emailing an address that Ed Sheeran is at least four, maybe five levels away from.
And before Sheeran’s biggest fans start accusing me of claiming the email address he was given isn’t important, I’m not! I’m merely saying it’s probably not the only one she uses. That’s all!
The last .75 seconds of this Instagram video uploaded by Britney Spears’s boyfriend Sam Asghari hypnotized me.
- It’s so funny to me that all of us grow up thinking our acne would go away the moment we turned 21. I feel you, Ruby! [Daily Mail]
- Theresa Caputo and her haircut have split with their husband. [Us Weekly]
- Terry Crews is still fighting the good fight. [Celebitchy]
- Kate Hudson and Danny Fujikawa celebrated one year of being fine. [People]
- I love that Meghan Markle is breaking all the rules!!!!! [Celebitchy]
- Elton John’s mother died. She was 92. [E! Online]