Azeala Banks is calling out white artists who appropriate black culture and then fail to be vocal about black issues and civil rights (specifically yesterday's grand jury decision to not indict the Staten Island police officer who killed Eric Garner using an illegal chokehold) and she's taking particular issue with Iggy Azalea.
If you were feeling inclined to give Iggy Azalea the benefit of the doubt, you could argue that perhaps she talked at length about the Eric Garner verdict with her friends and family, but kept it off social media because she didn't think it was her place to weigh in (doubtful, but we're being generous here) or that maybe she was taking time to gather her thoughts before releasing a statement.
But then Iggy Azalea DID weigh in and proved that, nope, she really doesn't give a shit.
Well, America has once again established itself as a land of inequality and white supremacy by allowing yet another white killer of a black man walk free, but, hey, at least Iggy's arena tour is coming together. #blessed
Kim Kardashian told Elle that she hated her body as a teen and would pray each night for smaller breasts. "I was unhappy with my body – I developed really early. Every night I would sit in the bath and cry, I prayed my boobs would stop growing," she said, adding that things started to turn around after her father wrote her a creepy/body positive letter. "When I was 13 my father wrote me a letter. He told me I had a body not many girls have, that later it would lead to attention from men, but that the most important thing was that I was a wonderful girl and I had to understand my self worth." [Dlisted]
In her new single "All Things Go," Nicki Minaj opens up about losing a baby when she was a teenager. In a verse about her brother Micaiah, she raps, "I want Caiah to go to college just to say we did it/My child with Aaron, would've been 16 any minute / So in some ways I feel like Caiah is the both of them / It's like he's Cai's little angel looking over him." I want to give Nicki Minaj a hug, but since I can't, I'll just go to go listen to the pickle juice rant on repeat in her honor. [New York Daily News]
- Michael C. Hall also hated the Dexter finale. [E!]
- Looks like your girl Taylor Swift really did have a model kicked out of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. [Cosmopolitan]
- Courtney Love is not a producer on the Kurt Cobain documentary because director Brett Morgen and Frances Bean Cobain agreed that "that because Courtney was a subject in the film, it would be best if she wasn't given editorial control." [Billboard]
- Lady Gaga says she was NOT raped by Dr. Luke, despite the implications of Kesha's lawyer. [Gossip Cop]
- A Thanksgiving disaster was averted when Gwyneth Paltrow let her neighbor Meryl Streep use her oven. [New York Daily News]
- Tyler Perry and his wife ~possibly~ welcomed a new son last weekend and the newborn ~possibly~ exited the womb dressed like Madea. [Bossip]
- I don't know if I love any pop culture news story more than this rumor that Jennifer Aniston is wearing glasses to up her chances of winning an Oscar and make Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie jealous of her intellect. [Gossip Cop]
- Ok, I also love the rumor that the only reason Robert Pattinson is refusing to get back with Kristen Stewart is because he doesn't like her short haircut, but not nearly as much as I love Jennifer Aniston's Glassesgate. [Gossip Cop]
- Feeny (Fee-hee-hee-heeny) will appear on Girl Meets World. [E!]
- Jodi Arias is reading Casey Anthony's book in prison. [Radar]
- BEHOLD! THE GREATEST ARIANA GRANDE PHOTO OF ALL TIME.
Photos via Getty.