Iggy Azalea, an Australian rapper best known (to me) for a song whose hook she doesn’t sing, and Nick Young, best known (to me) for being a meme, have split up. If this is confusing to you, I’ll understand, as they almost called it quits a few months ago.
In March, Young was unknowingly recorded by a teammate (he plays for a sport team called the Lakers, I think) “detailing his various sexcapades,” aka admitting to cheating on Azalea. The leak was the source of understandable tension in their relationship, but not enough to shatter it entirely. No, that happened Sunday night, when Azalea shared this on Instagram:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: if it’s not screencapped from the Notes app, it’s not news.
Tyga was interviewed about his former relationship with Kylie Jenner by Big Boy TV (my new media venture), and thinks the public’s obsession (or concern?) with the fact that he was, at one point, a man in his mid-20s dating a 17-year-old “overshadowed” a lot of his other talents. Fair!
“When you’re in a very public relationship like that, it’s hard for other people to see you differently than that...It took a lot, career wise, everything. It overshadowed a lot of my talents and a lot of things that I worked hard for.”
“She’s young,” he said. “When you’re young, you’re going to make mistakes.”
But not 26-year-olds. No, they do everything just right.
I would wear this shirt.
- Khloe Kardashian doesn’t understand why we can’t enjoy her creative writing. [Radar Online]
- How often do you think Mariah Carey thinks about Nick Cannon? [People]
- Amber Rose on Wiz Khalifa: “I tell him all the time, ‘Please just give me your sperm.’” [People]
- Calvin Harris wore Yeezys to the gym, and we should unpack that. [Us Weekly]
- This baby will either be Prime Minister or play the Prime Minister in a movie. [Page Six]
Images via screenshot/Getty.